Final Two Games - Your Predictions. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Final Two Games - Your Predictions.

TheBoysinGreen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't beat poland and ireland get a draw in warsaw we are fecked, lets beat poland and get the six points.

I am pretty sure we will get a performance off the players, we all saw the reaction to the tiblisi performance against Germany.

If we weren't playing the WC winners that performance would normally get you three points.

I am feeling positive about thursday and let the poles come to hampden with confidence about their star striker, complacency could work in our favour.

Totally agree, Tblisi has given us the kick up the arse we needed I think. We can score goals but need a massive performance from all on Thursday and I'm confident we will get it.

This game reminding me a bit of the Ukraine from 2007, lets hope for the same outcome

Totally agree, Tblisi has given us the kick up the arse we needed I think. We can score goals but need a massive performance from all on Thursday and I'm confident we will get it.

This game reminding me a bit of the Ukraine from 2007, lets hope for the same outcome

:ok:

In answer to the original post, Republic might have the best defensive record in the group and have only lost 1 match, but you have to take into account that you still have 2 of your most difficult games to play. You had Germany away at the beginning when they were still getting over their World Cup hangover. If Germany play like they did at Hampden you will get a lesson without a doubt. The agricultural dross played under O'Neill will not make any impression on the modern football played by the Germans.

Republic fans said to me after the Parkhead game that we were lucky. I didnt think so as we were the only team trying to play football. Witness the second half in Dublin, long ball after long ball.

If we don't qualify it will be because we made an arse of it against Georgia, not because Republic are a better team. If you qualify you will lose every game same as you're last tournament appearance.

This is the type of self pitying bollocks I cannot bear. You were the ones that played them before us.

Even a 'hungover ' German team should beat us and yourselves 9 times out of 10. You'd be harping on about it if it was yourselves that got that equalizer in the last few minutes. It was some result give we were missing some of our key players.

By the way Scotland deserved their 4 points over us. We were shite away and gutless at home once you got the goal. No complaints there and delighted the Georgians got us out of jail tbh.

I would definitely take our approach of keeping it tight against Germany with the actual possibility of points rather than have your heroic open performances that resulted in 2 defeats. Doesn't matter how well you did, you got nothing going toe to toe against them. If we do the same thing we'd be hammered tbh.

I think the scores for the last games will be:

Scotland 2-2 Poland

Germany 3-0 Ireland

Scotland 5-0 Gibraltar

Poland 1-1 Ireland

Slightly worried that the Poland vs Ireland game will be a relaxed afair due to the fact that both teams will qualify if they game ends in a draw. In modern football I know this is unlikely however, its a possiblity.. Also, if Poland know that 2nd spot is secure they might go onto play a 2nd string side against the Irish... Worrying times however if we do not do the business against Poland the final game will be irrelevant. Nothing less than a draw! C'mon Scotland!

Edited by MikeyGC

Fully aware we played Germany before you did, I was at the game! What i meant was playing Germany now is a different proposition to when we both played them last year as they seem to be back to their best. The 3-2 score at Hampden flattered us, Germany could have gone up a gear or two if they needed. Nothing self-pitying about it. Don't see you having much chance against them if the play to a similar level.

As far as Scotland v Poland & Poland v Ireland games are concerned anything could happen.

I think the scores for the last games will be:

Scotland 2-2 Poland

Germany 3-0 Ireland

Scotland 5-0 Gibraltar

Poland 1-1 Ireland

Slightly worried that the Poland vs Ireland game will be a relaxed afair due to the fact that both teams will qualify if they game ends in a draw. In modern football I know this is unlikely however, its a possiblity.. Also, if Poland know that 2nd spot is secure they might go onto play a 2nd string side against the Irish... Worrying times however if we do not do the business against Poland the final game will be irrelevant. Nothing less than a draw! C'mon Scotland!

Well you're wrong there seeing as Germany will be one of the automatic qualifiers anyway.

If we have a even a miniscule chance of automatic qualification in Warsaw, our team will go for it (though not as gung ho if Scotland beat Poland)

Believe me my Scottish friend, it won't be a 'relaxed affair' in Warsaw

Thought about this today. The best senario for us would be for us to beat Poland and Ireland to lose againt Germany. That would then mean that Poland would have to not lose against Ireland as if they did, Ireland would leapfrog them and take 2nd spot and Poland would take 3rd. Ireland would be going all out for the win whilst Poland would be doing all the could not to lose. Think Scotland will beat Poland and Gibraltar. Well, praying we do anyway!!

Thought about this today. The best senario for us would be for us to beat Poland and Ireland to lose againt Germany. That would then mean that Poland would have to not lose against Ireland as if they did, Ireland would leapfrog them and take 2nd spot and Poland would take 3rd. Ireland would be going all out for the win whilst Poland would be doing all the could not to lose. Think Scotland will beat Poland and Gibraltar. Well, praying we do anyway!!

If we beat Poland and Gibraltar then Poland can't finish 3rd, we will. The Poland v Ireland game could potentially be a winner takes all with either 2nd or 4th to play for. Scotland would finish 3rd as we'd have the better head-to-head over both Poland and Ireland.

Edited by McTeeko

If we beat Poland and Gibraltar then Poland can't finish 3rd, we will. The Poland v Ireland game could potentially be a winner takes all with either 2nd or 4th to play for. Scotland would finish 3rd as we'd have the better head-to-head over both Poland and Ireland.

And if that's the scenario I'll be watching that match!

Rather than watching Scotland struggle to a 1-0 half time lead with a pished sun stroked tartan army on their back.