Final Two Games - Your Predictions. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Final Two Games - Your Predictions.

TheBoysinGreen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Scotland beat Poland and Ireland lose to Germany then I think the only people watching the Scotland v Gibraltar game will be fans in the Algarve!

If we beat Poland and Germany beat Ireland, the Poland v Ireland match is irrelevant to us as long as we don't up against Gibraltar.

Edited by PASTA Mick

This is a classic Scotland scenario....

There are so many ways this could go wrong:

We pull off a brilliant result/performance against Poland and win only for Republic to get one of the greatest results in their history and beat Germany.

Or

We pull off a great result/performance and beat Poland, only to make a laughing stock of ourselves by drawing with Gibraltar (don't tell me this hasn't occurred to you).

Or

We get 4 points from the 2 games only for Republic to get an injury time equaliser against Poland.

After Georgia, thought 'that's it over' and didn't really have any expectations whatsoever. 2 days before the game starting to feel like we have a chance. We have got a decent starting 11 with goals in the team. Just want to see us go for it, the most depressing thing would be to fail having not given a decent account of ourselves. Would like to see a performance like Ukraine 2007 or the home game against Croatia (2-0).

Edited by The Black Bra

We don't have to beat Poland. 1 point v Poland and a win v Gib and if Ireland lose both their games then we get 3rd.

I think if the bookies were giving odds on the various potential remaining scenarios, this one would be the favourite.

Incidentally the lack of understanding by supporters on here of the various potential outcomes is mind boggling. It's hardly rocket surgery FFS.

Marky I like the rocket surgery. That sums up the some of the people on the board.

if we all thought the same the board would be very boring.

I think we will win both games.

Win 1 - 0 Poland. A late goal as they are going for the draw.

Win 5 - 1 Gibraltar

I think if the bookies were giving odds on the various potential remaining scenarios, this one would be the favourite.

Incidentally the lack of understanding by supporters on here of the various potential outcomes is mind boggling. It's hardly rocket surgery FFS.

Yep agreed they are absolute tubes

Myself included :)

Well in my dream last night we were down 3-1 at half time, I was playing holding midfield (not very well obviously) there was also furniture all over the park (not James forrest) and it was more like a junior ground than Hampden.

Take from thst what you will.

Well in my dream last night we were down 3-1 at half time, I was playing holding midfield (not very well obviously) there was also furniture all over the park (not James forrest) and it was more like a junior ground than Hampden.

Take from thst what you will.

James Forrest is nailing your burd?

Scotland 2- Poland 1

Germany 4 - Ireland 0

Gibraltar 1 - Scotland 4 - party o after that first goal goes in.

Ireland 0 - Poland 1

I can't remember the last time I have been this excited for a game, I've been hitting the wiki page almost daily for the last 2 weeks. I think the downer of the Georgia game has surely shooken up the squad and staff.

I've taken the day aff work to watch the games live as I live in Texas. Thankfully Thursday's game is on Fox Sports 2 but it might be ESPN deportes for Monday.

Prior to your loss against Georgia, I had genuinely thrown in the towel.

But now I think you may have missed the boat though. I just don't see results bouncing your way. I think we'll be beaten by Germany and we'll scrape a draw in Warsaw. I don't think you guys will get the necessary win against Poland.

Incidentally, Ireland could very well get a play-off without beating Germany, Poland or Scotland. You're talking about a team who got to the quarter finals of a world cup without beating a single team in 90 minutes. If anyone can get that playoff, we can.

If you get a draw against the Poles, and your predicting we beat them at home - are you thinking we will drop points against Gibraltar?

if it goes as you predict, Scotland home win, Ireland home loss to Germany - Then our fate is in our own hands as every scenario of your last game has us finishing 3rd unless we drop points v Gibraltar and honestly that will be a nervy game and we need a calm big performance from someone like Darren Fletcher to calm the ship.

We drew 2-2 with Poland away, if we do beat them on Thursday then I see you guys up for it in your last game and its winner takes 2nd place and anything can happen with a home crowd behind you.

If however you beat Germany then all credit to you and we are most likely going out.

Edited by romanticscot

Prior to your loss against Georgia, I had genuinely thrown in the towel.

But now I think you may have missed the boat though. I just don't see results bouncing your way. I think we'll be beaten by Germany and we'll scrape a draw in Warsaw. I don't think you guys will get the necessary win against Poland.

Incidentally, Ireland could very well get a play-off without beating Germany, Poland or Scotland. You're talking about a team who got to the quarter finals of a world cup without beating a single team in 90 minutes. If anyone can get that playoff, we can.

Sorry missed that. If we both draw on Thursday then your there. All you need is one win out of two matches to be certain of a 2nd/3rd place finish. I don't see you getting anything off the German's however.

Edited by romanticscot