Final Two Games - Your Predictions. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Final Two Games - Your Predictions.

TheBoysinGreen

I think if the bookies were giving odds on the various potential remaining scenarios, this one would be the favourite.

Incidentally the lack of understanding by supporters on here of the various potential outcomes is mind boggling. It's hardly rocket surgery FFS.

When I grow up I want to be a rocket surgeon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we beat Poland am I right in saying that we don't really care who wins in the Ireland/Poland game as long as there is a winner (assuming Germany beat Ireland)?

If we beat Poland, and Germany beat Ireland, then a win against Gibraltar will see us into the play-offs regardless of the score in the Poland v Ireland match.

If we draw with Poland, we'll need Ireland to lose both matches.

If we lose to Poland, we are out.

Scotland 1-3 Poland

Ireland 0-2 Germany

Gibraltar 0-4 Scotland

Poland 3-1 Ireland

Wouldn't surprise me if it panned out like this.

My confidence in either Ireland or yourselves beating Poland has decreased with every goal Lewandowski has scored. He's so lethal at the moment, I just don't see how either of us will beat them.

Scotland to see out a nervy 2-1 on Thursday night and the Irish to run out of Luck the same evening

Scotland 2 Poland 1

Ireland 1 Germany 3

Leaving Poland & Ireland to fight it out for 2nd place on Sunday night

Scoreline between them 2 is irrelevant I think Sunday night ( to us I mean, we can't finish 2nd so it doesn't matter )

We'll beat Gibraltar, just a question of how many

Wouldn't surprise me if it panned out like this.

My confidence in either Ireland or yourselves beating Poland has decreased with every goal Lewandowski has scored. He's so lethal at the moment, I just don't see how either of us will beat them.

For me it's a question of service, will he get the same service for Poland as he does for Munich? For me if both Scotland and Ireland win the midfield battles in both games both teams will get something, don't get me wrong Poland sitil carry other threats but so does Ireland and ourselves and all three are cack at the back

He doesn't carry Poland like a Bale does Wales or Ronald does Portugal

The chart above is incorrect for at least the Scotland portion, if we get 6 points we are in the play offs, I don't think they have accounted for head to heads.

Yeah that's what I thought as well. They've not realised that if we win both and Ireland fail to beat Germany then its a shoot out for 2nd or 4th between Poland and Ireland

Yeah that's what I thought as well. They've not realised that if we win both and Ireland fail to beat Germany then its a shoot out for 2nd or 4th between Poland and Ireland

The chart above is incorrect for at least the Scotland portion, if we get 6 points we are in the play offs, I don't think they have accounted for head to heads.

Nope. our total points tally can only be 17. If Poland lose to us and beat Ireland they will be on 20. If Ireland beat Germany they will be on 18. So even with 6 points we would still not make the play-offs in that scenario.

Nope. our total points tally can only be 17. If Poland lose to us and beat Ireland they will be on 20. If Ireland beat Germany they will be on 18. So even with 6 points we would still not make the play-offs in that scenario.

Chart will look a lot simpler in 30 hrs time -

basically if we win then it is back in our hands unless Ireland have won vs Germany.

If we have drawn then we are out unless Germany have won.

basically if we win then it is back in our hands unless Ireland have won vs Germany.

no its not, poland and ireland play out a turgid draw and we are out. the only saving grace is ireland may play for a win to finish second but with o'neil i doubt that very much and poland will be delighted with playing out the game to finish second.

anyway the chances of us winning tomorrow are slim to say the least.

Edited by LewisEDI

no its not, poland and ireland play out a turgid draw and we are out. the only saving grace is ireland may play for a win to finish second but with o'neil i doubt that very much and poland will be delighted with playing out the game to finish second.

anyway the chances of us winning tomorrow are slim to say the least.

No, Ireland would go out in this scenario.

If we win tomorrow and Ireland lose it is irrelevant what happens in Poland v Ireland game, assuming we beat Gibraltar.

Edited by braveheart_lynch

I'm sorely tempted to put some cash on a double win (Ireland win/draw) at 13/8 to soften the blow of not qualifying, but knowing our luck Germany will win and we'll lose tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be very nervy I think and I think we'll start very cautiously. Strachan won't go hung-ho and if for example, it's 0-0 at Hampden and Germany are 2-0 up, I think we'll end up playing for the draw and seeing how Sunday goes.

I think tomorrow may well end up a draw in both games.

Notice the Poles are now faves with Bet365. We started the week in that position.

I'm sorely tempted to put some cash on a double win (Ireland win/draw) at 13/8 to soften the blow of not qualifying, but knowing our luck Germany will win and we'll lose tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be very nervy I think and I think we'll start very cautiously. Strachan won't go hung-ho and if for example, it's 0-0 at Hampden and Germany are 2-0 up, I think we'll end up playing for the draw and seeing how Sunday goes.

I think tomorrow may well end up a draw in both games.

Notice the Poles are now faves with Bet365. We started the week in that position.[/qoute]

If we can't beat Georgia away and Poland at home in one of two must win games at a tail end of s campaign it's got feck all to do with luck............