Today's World Cup Matches - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today's World Cup Matches

EddardStark

Quite enjoyed the game actually. Argentina look impressive with the ball.

Hoping that Italy will trip up Ireland, but I won't be betting any money on it.

Lack of discipline cost Italy dear. Ireland don't look in great shapes. They will be desperate to beat France to avoid the All Blacks in the Qtrs. Some massive head to heads coming up between Wales/Aus and Ireland/France. Think I would rather we faced Wales so I hope they top the Group. SA should beat Argentina although they did lost to the Pumas recently.

Lack of discipline cost Italy dear. Ireland don't look in great shapes. They will be desperate to beat France to avoid the All Blacks in the Qtrs. Some massive head to heads coming up between Wales/Aus and Ireland/France. Think I would rather we faced Wales so I hope they top the Group. SA should beat Argentina although they did lost to the Pumas recently.

SA will play the loser of Wales/Australia will they not ?

That should be an interesting game. Both will be desperate to win to avoid SA and play (hopefully) us.

You're right though, I'd much rather play Wales in the q/f.

Edited by Rossy

That should be an interesting game. Both will be desperate to win to avoid SA and play (hopefully) us.

Yeah your right. Got that wrong. Still would fancy playing the Welsh rather than Aus who probably look the best team so far.

You're right though, I'd much rather play Wales in the q/f.

When I originally checked the draw, for some reason I got it all mixed up and thought that Scotland had to win the Pool to avoid the All Blacks in the semi final (aye I know :lol: ) but it looks like I got it wrong. Vern Cotter might have just played a real blinder by deliberately losing to RSA. IF ( I'm not getting complacent here and I know it's still a big IF) we manage to beat Samoa we get Wales or Australia in the QF ( I would prefer Wales). Then, if we could sneak through that one we get Ireland, France or Argentina in the semi final. Saving the All Blacks or RSA again for the final. Game's a good un :ok::lol:

Yeah your right. Got that wrong. Still would fancy playing the Welsh rather than Aus who probably look the best team so far.

Aye, defo. I think we could give Wales a decent game especially with all their injuries. Wales would obviously still be favorites but we could cause an upset. I think the Aussies will hump us if we play them. Lets not get ahead of ourselves though. We need to beat Samoa first.

• 3 weeks later...

I have watched almost every game and loved it. it has been a great World Cup until last weekend.

I struggled to watch this weekend and when I watched the Aussies all I could think about was it should have been us.

I think the Football then the Rugby took its toll on me. Sport is now off my list of interests.

If the Aussies have everyone fit I think they might sneak it. Their defence has been immense (except against us), their back-row is as good as any, and they will score tries.

NZ will have taken a lot from how we played against them, particularly putting their attacking play under pressure a bit wider to prevent passes flowing and look for interceptions. I'm fairly confident you'll see at least one intercept try from the kiwis this weekend.