Quick Poll - Ritchie Or Forrest - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Quick Poll - Ritchie Or Forrest

ScotlandFanMuir

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have renewed optimism about Forrest. He's gradually getting back to form and teams are doubling up on him - not something that could be said of Ritchie. Of course Forrest runs it out of play a lot, but he's also capable of creating something out of nothing from a standing start. For a team of fairly average players that's important weapon that's worth gambling on.

I have renewed optimism about Forrest. He's gradually getting back to form and teams are doubling up on him - not something that could be said of Ritchie. Of course Forrest runs it out of play a lot, but he's also capable of creating something out of nothing from a standing start. For a team of fairly average players that's important weapon that's worth gambling on.

:ok:

You are talking rubbish. Forrest starts when it counts.

Like your top of the table clash at Pittodrie? Or your home and away clashes against Qarabag

I'm not saying he is always sub, I'm simply saying he doesn't always play and therefore isn't first choice all the time. That should be a minimum requirement to start for the national side if yer plying your trade in the SPL.

But that aside he has been given his chance in the Scotland team and has done nothing.

Probably displaying my lack of knowledge of Ritchie's playing style/ability here, but are they even the same type of player.

Surely Forrest is an out and out (shite) winger and Ritchie is more of a (shite) wandering type midfielder?

No?

Probably displaying my lack of knowledge of Ritchie's playing style/ability here, but are they even the same type of player.

Surely Forrest is an out and out (shite) winger and Ritchie is more of a (shite) wandering type midfielder?

No?

Ritchie usually plays on the right but looks to drift inside as he is left sided.

Ritchie,

I can't understand why anyone supports Forrest as a first pick. He's been terrible consistently for Scotland, and on the celtic games I've seen (granted few) been just as terrible. Like really bad. Like efe ambrose bad.

Richie however, is in immense club form. Scoring an amazing goal for Bournemouth immediatly after our terrible defeat to Georgia, making me wonder if why that potential goal was on the bench. (hindsight is awesome...) Granted he's never been a stand out player when playing for Scotland, but he's never been bad, and his corner kicks are a class above Maloney's. The only reason I can see for even thinking Forrest is worth comparing to Richie is 1. Strachan's love affair with Forrest. 2. Anglophobia.

Richie Screamer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmZ05x9n6o

Ritchie,

I can't understand why anyone supports Forrest as a first pick. He's been terrible consistently for Scotland, and on the celtic games I've seen (granted few) been just as terrible. Like really bad. Like efe ambrose bad.

Richie however, is in immense club form. Scoring an amazing goal for Bournemouth immediatly after our terrible defeat to Georgia, making me wonder if why that potential goal was on the bench. (hindsight is awesome...) Granted he's never been a stand out player when playing for Scotland, but he's never been bad, and his corner kicks are a class above Maloney's. The only reason I can see for even thinking Forrest is worth comparing to Richie is 1. Strachan's love affair with Forrest. 2. Anglophobia.

Richie Screamer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmZ05x9n6o

I think the prime reason Strachan keeps selecting Forrest is chiefly the pace he brings to the otherwise pretty pedestrian side. Strachan has always had a soft spot for pacy wingers. To be fair I don't think Forrest was any poorer than anyone else on the pitch V Germany.