Polish Fans - Page 4 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Polish Fans

McVinceSCT

Flares have been part and parcel of Polish Football for many years.

People who use them Ultras usually have pretty good idea how to use them safely and I have not heard about any accidents or injuries casued by the flares for a very long time.

Polish Fans seatting among Scottish fans could casue similar issues as Scotts among the Poles but !!!!! in Poland we always welcome Scottish and Irish Fans to seat anywhere you like !!! :guitar: ( not so much the English :angry: )

Flares aren't very common in Britain though.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, i stayed in Euro hostel. As i planned, it was full of Polish, with a lot of them hooligans. I had no bother with them, even with my kilt on, but you must admit they didn't look like the most friendly bunch of fans, except maybe if you like bodybuilding and doing nazi salutes in the streets...

I fear the worst in France, especially if Poland play in cities like Marseille...

Atmosphere wise, if it wasn't for the Poles it would have been one of the poorest I have ever experienced at Hampden... Five songs in the whole 90 minutes of a crucial game. It's granted that the importance of the match distract from proper supporting (which is very understandable and I take my fair share of blame for this), but yet I would have expected something better. I have not witnessed any trouble or single incident involving Polish fans all day despite bumping into them constantly. Of course their way of supporting the team is rather different from what you get in Scotland and in the UK, but this doesn't mean they were out for confrontation. But maybe, coming from different shores, I'm just much more used to that.

I've seen Scotland fans pissing in the street and worse,lifting their kilts and flashing at young women.I don't think we can criticize other fans.

I criticise badly behave Scotland fans so am quite entitled to do the same with fans of other nations

Hello there,

I am a trainee journalist at University of Ulster in Coleraine, Northern Ireland and we received a task to construct a news article. As I am interested in the Sport part of Journalism I have decided to write about the Scotland vs Poland game as my friend went to it. Would it be possible if I sent in a few questions someone could answer them for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you

Richard