Starting Line-Up Prediction - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Line-Up Prediction

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't come as any real surprise if we miss out tonight. I include myself in this when I say look at how many of us don't rate so many of our players such as Steven Fletcher, Jordan Rhodes, Leigh Griffiths, James Forrest, Alan Hutton, Steven Whittaker,Grant Hanley, Matt Ritchie and probably a few more have been pilloried in this campaign as well?

I don't expect many surprises in the lineup tonight. Whoever is picked gets my support. Simple as. Yes we can moan about players and their lack of this or that but ultimately this is a more accomplished side than most of the ones we had to endure over the last 15 years or so. Fletcher is not a bad player, he just needs a few goals and what better game to do it in. Forrest really does flatter to deceive, and must surely have something in the tank that supporters haven't yet seen.

Tonight is tough, but the optimist in me says that we will get a result and Germany will put a few past Ireland. I really want to go into the weekend with our destiny back in hand for the final game.

Bring it on!...

I just fear that we might try and start too many players tonight that aren't playing week in week out. Personally, I think match fitness was one of the biggest issues in Georgia. I'm a fan of the fit, playing every week, sharp touch and movement, chase and contest everything Naismith....but not the other one....the one we seemingly have at the moment.

Of course if he starts, he gets my backing....they all do, even Forrest (FFS James, please, at least once in your career prove me wrong, even just a wee bit).