Flares? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flares?

macy37

My Polish cleaners who clean at my work tell me this morning that there is real concern that there's going to be trouble with flares tonight and that the Poles are armed with loads so the concern is that we could be awarded 3 points!

I'd take that!! :-))

nearly 100 Poles set off this morning from Gala alone and many armed with them.

True or not, will they get in with them I wonder?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Polish cleaners who clean at my work tell me this morning that there is real concern that there's going to be trouble with flares tonight and that the Poles are armed with loads so the concern is that we could be awarded 3 points!

I'd take that!! :-))

nearly 100 Poles set off this morning from Gala alone and many armed with them.

True or not, will they get in with them I wonder?

From Gala ? Cannot believe that for 1 second.

That's where the 'Borders Poles' are meeting.

Double decker bus plus cars he said.

Apologies mate. My son works with a squad and its 100% legit, loads going up, bus booked and "geared" up with fireworks ... FFS.

He did say most hate each other and all are mental..

What is it with the singing at games? Adult males singing song, clapping and going mental for 11 guys running after leather round bag of air. And other adult guys singing for another 11.

Or what is it with eating own fingers because your team is desperately trying to survive in stoppage time?

Or what is it with your whole weekend ruined by poor game of football your team had?

If you don`t get then you just don`t have it in you. You are just spectator not supporter or fanatic. Simples.

What is it with the singing at games? Adult males singing song, clapping and going mental for 11 guys running after leather round bag of air. And other adult guys singing for another 11.

Or what is it with eating own fingers because your team is desperately trying to survive in stoppage time?

Or what is it with your whole weekend ruined by poor game of football your team had?

If you don`t get then you just don`t have it in you. You are just spectator not supporter or fanatic. Simples.

OK, so at least try to explain what it adds to the match for tou. Explain it to us! The singing creates atmosphere that in the end feeds the players. What is it with the flares? Do the sparkles excite you? Is the smoke designed to obscure the other teams view of the ball?

flares makes atmosphere as much as singing, especially when there is dark outside the stadium, the smell, the heat, everything, it`s just feckin brill! :) I bet you were never near the flare or someone lighting it.

Of course I have. Every November in darkest north Lanarkshire Neds were firing flares at my head!