Hampden Traffic.... - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden Traffic....

Haggis_trap

I do find it strange why no shuttle buses are put on ala commonwealth games especially park and ride. Park car outside area. Bus there and back.

There is f all coordination between any of SFA / trains/ buses/police etc (or it seems that way) . Never has been and probably never will.

Left the house at 6:25 and got into our seats at 7:35. Traffic was a wee bit busier than the Germany game.

It's a 15 mins walk from where we Park to the stadium and we were back home, via McDonald's for the kids, by 10:15.

I totally get why folk from further afield would choose not to bother. There's no way I would take my kids if we weren't so close to start with.

Hampden is the worst positioned major stadium in the country and should be ditched for midweek games.

Germany game, left Dundee at 4:40 due to work and kids school commitments, got in a 19:50 after a running from parking near Church on the Hill.

Mates had left at 3:30, parked at Asda and when walked to Church was told kids could not get in despite the fact we had been in it for the Gib game.

Poland game, left just after 4pm and got in at 8pm after parking at a car wash next to Asda. According to Google it is a trip that should take 90mins. At one point we had did 4.5 miles in 48 minutes on a mtorway!