Hampden Traffic.... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden Traffic....

Haggis_trap

Traffic tonight was utterly brutal!

I am sure other had the same problem ?
Chick young ranting on BBC Scotland about ground being half empty 10 minutes before KO was salt in the wound.

Left work in Edinburgh early at 4.30pm. Took 3 hrs to reach Glasgow. No parking left anywhere near the ground.

By the time we finally got parked and into the ground 20 minutes of the game were gone. We were already 1-0 down, hadn't had any dinner either, and some Poles were standing in our seats.

Thought going home afterwards would be better. However got stuck for 1hr on the same street we parked (near Cathkin Park) whilst listening to entire episode of "Off the Ball" trying to get back onto the M74. Eventually got to a point where we could turn left and escaped onto the M8. Back in Edinburgh after 1am. Up at 7am for work in the morning.....

Sadly might be my last mid week game at Hampden :(
Enjoyed what I saw of the match - but seriously questioning if it is practical or worthwhile from Edinburgh.....

We got home to East Lothian just before 1am. Almost 1.5 hours to get to M74. We were stuck in streets surrounding Hampden for ages. Ambulance and police van (lights flashing) struggled to get through. Police on foot saw congestion and did feck all.

We "only" took 2 hours to get through to the game as we took a day off work after nearly missing Germany ko due to traffic.

Between adding up the holidays, trouble getting there and back and the SFA ripping off the loyal fans we are seriously considering not renewing this time round. 10+ years and never felt so pissed off.

We left pretty sharp on the full time whistle and were sat at the back so got out quickly.

Decided to put a jog on to get in the car and away.

:lol:

1 hour later I'd moved 3 car lengths! 1 hour 45 mins it took me to get home, to put that in context, I play for an hour at Toryglen once a week, usually have a blether after and I can get there, play and get back in the house in that length of time. :shocked:

We got home to East Lothian just before 1am. Almost 1.5 hours to get to M74. We were stuck in streets surrounding Hampden for ages. Ambulance and police van (lights flashing) struggled to get through. Police on foot saw congestion and did feck all.

We "only" took 2 hours to get through to the game as we took a day off work after nearly missing Germany ko due to traffic.

Between adding up the holidays, trouble getting there and back and the SFA ripping off the loyal fans we are seriously considering not renewing this time round. 10+ years and never felt so pissed off.

Aye. Took ages to get out of Glasgow and then, to add feckin insult to injury, mare fecking roadworks, on the bypass at Dreghorn. Got back to Tranent at 5 minutes past 1. Scunnered and then scunnered again

Fortunately it's a problem I don't have, a ten minute walk and I'm home.

I would have thought with the new section of motorway going in it would have made things a bit easier! Whatever happened to the days when the police done traffic control and switched the lights off to get the traffic moving quicker ? I suppose, this is the downside to midweek internationals.

On a quiet day, when there's no football or concerts on, Glasgow traffic is generally crawling speed from 4-6 in the evening. Throw in a massive gig at the Hydro, and 50k at Hampden you should really aim to be in Glasgow for 4pm at latest for 7:45 kick off.

I'm lucky I stay within walk of Hampden, hope everyone got home safe last night.