Team On Sunday - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team On Sunday

Parklife

Will Strachan do the wise thing and blood uncapped players?

If he plays the usual suspects I'll probably stay in the pub.

It's amazing that SPFL players (who're shit) have guided NI to France. We've got loads of super EPL players. Yayyyyy. England rejects.

Edited by Parklife

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hoping he bloods youngsters, there are players in that team who are past their before end date.

Although something tells me that he'll stick with team and we'll continue to stagnate.

There aren't really many youngsters in that squad unfortunately. Shinnie and Forrest are both 24, Robertson is 21 and Hanley is 23. Shinnie aside, everyone else in the squad has been capped.

The whole team needs a shake. By the time of the next qualifiers, Maloney will be 33, Hutton turning 32, Whittaker 32, Greer turning 36, Naismith 30, D. Fletcher 31, S.Fletcher 29...

We'll soon see what level our u21s are at following their home qualifiers with France and Iceland this weekend. We desperately need to pull some through. Are the three Ryans worth consideration to be on the cusp of the squad? What about Paterson to replace Hutton?

For me, Shinnie, Robertson, Russell, Rhodes and Griffiths need to be given an opportunity on Sunday. Winning 1-0 or 10-0 doesn't matter, we need to freshen things up when we have a chance.

I want him to recall Denis Law and Kenny Dalglish and see if either of them can increase their international scoring record. Would at least introduce an element of excitement. I honestly don't think I'll watch it otherwise.

I want him to recall Denis Law and Kenny Dalglish and see if either of them can increase their international scoring record. Would at least introduce an element of excitement. I honestly don't think I'll watch it otherwise.

Haha tell ye, that is a brilliant idea! I would definitely watch if that was the case, we need to start a poll for this

Edited by JECK

subs ebnch - bring htem on for a penalty :-)

Gordon

Hutton Martin Hanley Shinnie

McDonald Fletcher

Russell Maloney Ritchie

Martin

For me but I'd have liked to have played Rhodes, McArthur and Griffiths.

No Fletcher.

Would have preferred Armstrong in his place or maybe even give Gauld a chance roaming behind Martin.