Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018

Lone Piper

I like this thread, even if the SFA will ignore every threat.

I have over the past 3 years boycotted several home games on a point of principle over the ticket prices.

I still attended away games. When i wrote to them to advise the reply i got was nothiong short of a slap in the face. They really did not care either way.

This is corporate greed in action, ignore loyalty for the short term financial gain.

Did it hurt? Yes it hurt, Been attending home and away like most of us on here and for 30+ years but i'd personally had enough of the attitude since Regan appeared on the scene. he see's us as a cash cow, there are no two ways about this and we don't help ourself that many do not make a stand of any sort.

We don't need to boycott games though or even membeship renewals, we could simply push to convince as many as possible that if we stop buying merchandise the regime will change as the companies trying to milk us would be screaming foul if the promised revenue dried up.

It really is up to us, they can have their £50 for little return but they get nothing else. Lets see how Adidas etc would react if we stopped buying tops for example. We can change the SFA, in fact, only we can change the SFA.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this thread, even if the SFA will ignore every threat.

I have over the past 3 years boycotted several home games on a point of principle over the ticket prices.

I still attended away games. When i wrote to them to advise the reply i got was nothiong short of a slap in the face. They really did not care either way.

This is corporate greed in action, ignore loyalty for the short term financial gain.

Did it hurt? Yes it hurt, Been attending home and away like most of us on here and for 30+ years but i'd personally had enough of the attitude since Regan appeared on the scene. he see's us as a cash cow, there are no two ways about this and we don't help ourself that many do not make a stand of any sort.

We don't need to boycott games though or even membeship renewals, we could simply push to convince as many as possible that if we stop buying merchandise the regime will change as the companies trying to milk us would be screaming foul if the promised revenue dried up.

It really is up to us, they can have their £50 for little return but they get nothing else. Lets see how Adidas etc would react if we stopped buying tops for example. We can change the SFA, in fact, only we can change the SFA.

Good luck with that

main problem for me is that the games are all on stupid nights now. Used to be a real social occasion could go for a beer in the sun before the match. Go out afterwards and make a real day of it.

Last match i was working during the day, travelled in rush hour to the game. Had time for 30 mins in the pub then off to the match and home early as i have work the next day.

That isn't necessarily the SFAs fault but international football and the fun it was for me is evaporating rapidly.

Away games is the only reason most folk will be renewing imo. We wont fill hampden for any game appart from England. We should play the qualifiers at easter road/pittodrie and play the England at parkhead! Hampden has died of death sadly!

Away games is the only reason most folk will be renewing imo. We wont fill hampden for any game appart from England. We should play the qualifiers at easter road/pittodrie and play the England at parkhead! Hampden has died of death sadly!

Hmmm. How do you propose to decide who gets tickets for games at those venues? Points system for home games as well?

Just wait if we get a decent start to the campaign hampden will be full

Some interesting posts and tbf a lot make sence to us but no matter how many posts and comments we make the truth is the sfa are only interested in one thing and that cash so there is no way they will change anything not the ssc ticket prices or feck all and why... Simple they know for a fact come next membership renew they will sell as many as they always have it wouldn't surprise me if the cost went up because it's a World Cup campaign ( any excuse). Match tickets will either remain the same or increase.... Why simply because they can IMO we had an oppurtunity last campaign to talk with our feet and boycott games but we didn't so they know any talk about boycotting etc is just that all talk until we can get some sort of real voice and every single ssc member get together and properly demonstrate nothing will ever change. We have about 9/10 months to make a loud and proper protest but will it happen no chance all we ( myself included) will do is post on here and other social media our moans and groans and all the sfa will do is read and laugh because they know at the end of the day the vast majority of us will still pay what ever they ask us to

Some interesting posts and tbf a lot make sence to us but no matter how many posts and comments we make the truth is the sfa are only interested in one thing and that cash so there is no way they will change anything not the ssc ticket prices or feck all and why... Simple they know for a fact come next membership renew they will sell as many as they always have it wouldn't surprise me if the cost went up because it's a World Cup campaign ( any excuse). Match tickets will either remain the same or increase.... Why simply because they can IMO we had an oppurtunity last campaign to talk with our feet and boycott games but we didn't so they know any talk about boycotting etc is just that all talk until we can get some sort of real voice and every single ssc member get together and properly demonstrate nothing will ever change. We have about 9/10 months to make a loud and proper protest but will it happen no chance all we ( myself included) will do is post on here and other social media our moans and groans and all the sfa will do is read and laugh because they know at the end of the day the vast majority of us will still pay what ever they ask us to

some of us spoke with our feet and boycotted games.

Edited by Langtonian

or Parkhead v England.

probably the only time an England game hasn't sold out. thank the numpties at the SFA for that one. the prices certainly discouraged me from attending.

at the end of the day the England game was only a friendly and a money making exercise fur the sfa

The only way to hurt them is to hit them in the pocket. How you do that is up to you. I didn't renew my SSC the campaign before this one and I don't go to the friendlies anymore but its my own personal protest and I know its had feck all impact. The idea of a coordinated protest is a good one but unlikely. Have you seen the bickering that goes on here, we cannae agree on much lol

A boycott is more difficult to do than you think.

I never went to Georgia or Ireland,I went to the England game because I wanted to be at one of those games,(hampden wouldve been better,but that couldn't happen),then I took the bairn to his first game against gibralter to break him in easily.

I intended to avoid Germany and Poland too,but I just could t help but go.

Unfortunately,the powers that be know this and are willing to take advantage at every opportunity.

There will always be numpties like us willing to go to the games, that's the problem. Their attitude towards the fans needs to change and the only way I can see that happening is regime change. I've no idea how the hell we force that to happen but I just can't see a boycott ever being observed in any kind of effective way.

There won't be a boycott, a significant majority of Scotland fans are more interested in partying and the football is a side issue regardless of the result. The SFA know this and will continue to rip the fans off. The lure of tickets for the England game in 2017 will attract fans to the season ticket offer but I won't be conned again as our campaign will be done and dusted by then. Can't see any of the games being sellouts.

There won't be a boycott, a significant majority of Scotland fans are more interested in partying and the football is a side issue regardless of the result. The SFA know this and will continue to rip the fans off. The lure of tickets for the England game in 2017 will attract fans to the season ticket offer but I won't be conned again as our campaign will be done and dusted by then. Can't see any of the games being sellouts.

well then there no fans there hingers on

It should be an easy decision but bizarrely I'm still struggling to decide whether to renew or not, despite there being absolutely no benefit in me doing so!

A boycott is more difficult to do than you think.

I never went to Georgia or Ireland,I went to the England game because I wanted to be at one of those games,(hampden wouldve been better,but that couldn't happen),then I took the bairn to his first game against gibralter to break him in easily.

I intended to avoid Germany and Poland too,but I just could t help but go.

Unfortunately,the powers that be know this and are willing to take advantage at every opportunity.

The boycott should be well before the qualifiers anyway, as boycotting during it when ticket prices are already set in stone isn't going to make any difference.

The next time a home friendly is announced it should be boycotted, no matter who the opposition are, the venue or even if cheap tickets are announced for it (because it's not going to be cheap tickets for the qualifiers).

Let Scotland play in an empty stadium for a game that doesn't matter to hit home what it could potentially be like for qualifiers if similar prices are announced.

Personally I think they'll drop prices, but they'll still be overpriced. They'll say £30 and £35, and say "look we've dropped the price for you, responded to the fans" and hope no-one notices that's still more expensive than any SPFL game.

The boycott should be well before the qualifiers anyway, as boycotting during it when ticket prices are already set in stone isn't going to make any difference.

The next time a home friendly is announced it should be boycotted, no matter who the opposition are, the venue or even if cheap tickets are announced for it (because it's not going to be cheap tickets for the qualifiers).

Let Scotland play in an empty stadium for a game that doesn't matter to hit home what it could potentially be like for qualifiers if similar prices are announced.

Personally I think they'll drop prices, but they'll still be overpriced. They'll say £30 and £35, and say "look we've dropped the price for you, responded to the fans" and hope no-one notices that's still more expensive than any SPFL game.

this sounds like what happens at most home friendlies anyway