Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018 - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Membership / Ticket Prices 2018

Lone Piper

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will still get large numbers joining up again. if you look at the figures, only a small proportion of fans use their membership to get tickets for away games. The rest are in it for the home games mainly, and I don't think that will change.

Well if that it is the case, then why would so many be prepared to shell out that kind of money to be charged exorbitant ticket prices for matches on top of membership?

Guaranteed not one match in the World Cup campaign will sell out apart from England and I'm prepared to say that even if the SFA were gracious enough to drop prices by 20%.

Look at the timings and days of home matches. Do you seriously think there will be huge crowds at even £35 a ticket for Monday night against Malta, Sunday/Thursday against Slovakia/Slovenia. Bear in mind there will be next to no travelling support either from these countries.

The SFA have a chance here to say £20 a ticket for each home game but a premium price for the England game which sadly they will achieve whatever it is.

Well if that it is the case, then why would so many be prepared to shell out that kind of money to be charged exorbitant ticket prices for matches on top of membership?

Guaranteed not one match in the World Cup campaign will sell out apart from England and I'm prepared to say that even if the SFA were gracious enough to drop prices by 20%.

Look at the timings and days of home matches. Do you seriously think there will be huge crowds at even £35 a ticket for Monday night against Malta, Sunday/Thursday against Slovakia/Slovenia. Bear in mind there will be next to no travelling support either from these countries.

The SFA have a chance here to say £20 a ticket for each home game but a premium price for the England game which sadly they will achieve whatever it is.

Almost half the SSC do not go to away games at all and more than two thirds very rarely go but are still prepared to pay £45/£50/£55 for a membership.

As a regular traveller and someone who goes to youth and women's internationals the SSC membership well and truely pays for itself. I paid £45 for my membership but must have had well over £100 worth of savings so I will be more than happy to renew at a similar price to before.

Edited by tartanpar

tartanpar, I can see where you're coming from and understand that by utilising the membership in the way that you do then savings can be made and that undoubtedly the SFA will point to members such as yourself to advertise its benefits but for the vast majority of its 30000 odd members it does not represent value for money. Would you not agree? By your own admission the majority of members are only purchasing membership for home matches. If the majority of those people opened their eyes and didn't renew then i'm sure we would see a degree of panic from the SFA. with regards to revenue coming in. Out of curiosity since you will renew at these prices, what do you think the ticket prices should be for the forthcoming campaign, bearing in mind you are trying to sell 52000 tickets for Thursday/Sunday/Monday night matches against less than glamorous opposition?

I think that the prices for the last campaign and the general stuff-the-customer attitude (the SFAs fault) and the days of the week that games are on (not the SFAs fault) may well lead to a fair tailing off in memberships. Other than the England game (which will be a nightmare anyway as utter pricks desperately try to outprick each other to the detriment of decent coves like myself), there are hardly what you would call glamour matches. I'll join up as I want to carry on travelling abroad with a ticket in my pocket, but I can understand the thoughts of those that won't. Look at how hard they pushed the Poland game to SSC members, and they still ended up selling almost half the Celtic end to Poles, quite apart from them being in every other part of the ground. That was a reasonably glamour tie, and the casual fan wasn't really interested.

As for the season ticket, I bought £42 tickets as I prefer the North Stand at Hampden as I thought that I could do without the hassle of buying them individually. I was given the princely sum of £10 off; £2 per game. Add to that, I missed one of them as my club side played on the Saturday, losing myself £40. I won't buy a season ticket again; I must have been daft.

£42 for the North Stand against Gibraltar on a Sunday night. Let that one sink in. Will it be £42 for Slovenia, Lithuania, Malta and Slovakia? Most likely, and they'll proudly announce that prices haven't gone up.

I'll chip in.....£50 for the SSC. An utter rip off and we will carry on paying it. For most, it's a £5 surcharge on every home ticket. The SFA see the SSC as a money-maker; that's simply not right. They have money from hospitality, merchandise, tickets and TV. that should be enough.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

We have this thread every 2 years

The SSC is ran like a business so as long as people renew then why would they lower the price?

It's not just bringing in the 35k x £45 membership fee though.

The more people going to each game, then the more money they make from other revenue sources. If the atmosphere is better, the team will play better, they'll sell more merchandise, more folk will go to watch the U-21s or women play etc.

£50 for the SSC. An utter rip off and we will carry on paying it. For most, it's a £5 surcharge on every home ticket. The SFA see the SSC as a money-maker; that's simply not right. They have money from hospitality, merchandise, tickets and TV. that should be enough.

This 100%.

The vast majority of the SSC membership fee should cover the cost of administering the SSC. Similarly match ticket price should cover the cost of the event - so the SFA break even when Scotland play a home game.

Profits should come from sponsorship, selling advertisement space, merchandise and hospitality.

In fact, the SSC itself should have a sponsor to keep membership costs and the price of match tickets low, as well as ensure that membership benefits and "gifts" are free - not used to justify the extortionate subscription charge.

I don't mind a portion of my hard-earned going towards "the development of Scottish football" but the SFA do seem to be ripping the pash.

neither do I but unfortunately as there is no accounting/financial report theres no proof where the SSC money goes

could atac ask for clarification on where our money goes? Edited by bonzo

tartanpar, I can see where you're coming from and understand that by utilising the membership in the way that you do then savings can be made and that undoubtedly the SFA will point to members such as yourself to advertise its benefits but for the vast majority of its 30000 odd members it does not represent value for money. Would you not agree? By your own admission the majority of members are only purchasing membership for home matches. If the majority of those people opened their eyes and didn't renew then i'm sure we would see a degree of panic from the SFA. with regards to revenue coming in. Out of curiosity since you will renew at these prices, what do you think the ticket prices should be for the forthcoming campaign, bearing in mind you are trying to sell 52000 tickets for Thursday/Sunday/Monday night matches against less than glamorous opposition?

I would like to see a reduction in ticket priced and would also like to see prices set differently per opponent. I doubt we will see much change from £50 for the England ticket.

I think £25 would be fair for a game v Lithuania and Malta with £30 for Slovenia and Slovakia with £40 for England.

I think the prices are likely to be higher than that though.

I would like to see a reduction in ticket priced and would also like to see prices set differently per opponent. I doubt we will see much change from £50 for the England ticket.

I think £25 would be fair for a game v Lithuania and Malta with £30 for Slovenia and Slovakia with £40 for England.

I think the prices are likely to be higher than that though.

That could quite possibly be the understatement of the year!

£20 is plenty for all the home games except England which should be £40ish.

At those prices hampden has half a chance of selling out all home games. A full stadium will of course give the team a lift and could well be the difference between qualifying or not. Chuck in extra mechanise sales both at the ground on the night and in the retail side of things (I'd probably buy a shirt, for example, if I knew ticket prices were reasonable but I won't be if they're extortionate) and it makes sense to reduce ticket prices right down.

The SFA need to take the longer term view as qualifying would take in way more cash than sill ticket prices ever will.

Make it easy for us to support the team, stop taking the piss financially and I think the SFA will find we'll come out in our droves to watch the team, even on a cold Monday in the pudding rain v Malta.

All the above, though, is wishful thinking more likely than not.

could atac ask for clarification on where our money goes?

they have and sure this was discussed on here a while ago but cant remember the exact explanation but something t do with the money all goes to the SFA so there is no need for the SSC to provide a financial report or something like that

The English version of the SSC charge £75 for two years but give you £5 off the price of a ticket for home games. You also get points for home games (good idea, especially for shite Friendlies) and they put 30% of away tickets into a draw for ALL members.

Sounds shite.