Condolences From Ireland - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Condolences From Ireland

TheBoysinGreen

I just want to offer my genuine condolences to Scottish fans. Last night must be a bitter pill to swallow but you'll bounce back. If "Wee Gordon" sorts out your defence you can certainly challenge for a play off in the next campaign. Not all but I think most of you got a little bit carried away with the optimism last year over the fact you lost to Germany and drew with the Poles and managed to pass the ball a bit which was understandable to be honest. To the genuine Tartan Army fans I'm genuinely sorry and would have loved to have drank with you in France (if we make it obviously)

However to the bitter Scots on here who calls us "pish" (4 points against the world champions.. Yeah we're "pish" alright" I find some of the bitters completely judged us on one game in Parkhead and just decided we weren't up to much. I laughed at one lad who posted here last night "Scotland are still better".. Well I'm not one to gloat but the table doesn't lie and rose tinted glasses must be selling by the bucket load in parts of Scotland. One person posted "ach pish the cannae only beat Germany with a long ball" Didn't Scotland draw with Poland last year with a long ball? Short memories and all that. The way a minority go on here you'd swear Scotland had revolutionised the way the game was played last year. I predicted even after our game in June when I was told by some Scot "we'll send you a postcard next summer" that the wheels would come off the Scottish cart and they most certainly did. The postcard that lad will be sending me will be from the. Lake District now.

To the genuine Scots I'm sincerely sorry for you and wanted you in France to the bitter ones I can only laugh.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The genuine fans whom I have spoke to on here and in Glasgow and Dublin were top top drawer, I have read some awful shite about us too and to those Scottish fans you are the laughing stock not us, we have what you craved all campaign, guaranteed 3rd place with 2nd up for grabs with 1 game to go.

Hope to cross paths with Scotland again as on the whole I think you lot are brilliant fans.

The genuine fans whom I have spoke to on here and in Glasgow and Dublin were top top drawer, I have read some awful shite about us too and to those Scottish fans you are the laughing stock not us, we have what you craved all campaign, guaranteed 3rd place with 2nd up for grabs with 1 game to go.

Hope to cross paths with Scotland again as on the whole I think you lot are brilliant fans.

We're pish though and play cave man football. I'd rather make a couple of nice passes and get 5 points from Poland, Germany & Georgia to be honest with you. Edited by TheBoysinGreen

OP started well and ended well.

Wee bit mixed up in the middle with the "sorry for you" and "told you" but it's understandable....kinda !

Best of luck to you for the final game v Poland.

Hope you get through as always had a great time with you all, home and away.

I like Irish people generally. Some good friends so I'm not going to get stuck into the green tilted glasses brigade.

Football wise it's a difficult one because of course we'd rather be in their position right now. No doubt about it. But there's absolutely no denying that they get their points at the expense of football.

Robert Lewandowski "Scotland are a team who likes to play football,” he added. "I think if you compare them to Ireland, Scotland are a side who like to pass the ball, but Ireland are more concerned about getting the ball quickly into the box with a long pass."

But there's absolutely no denying that they get their points at the expense of football.

Ireland are just playing the way they've always done. I think it's the GAA influence, where long balls to the strikers are part and parcel of the game.

Edited by Dave78

We can argue all night long about whether or not Ireland are a pish long ball team. It kinda doesn't matter - they're the ones with third place in the bag and playing the last game for second.

If that situation had come about as a result of long ball tactics then good luck to them. I think it's called playing to your strengths.

I'd love us to be a "pish long ball team" on our way to France.

Have I missed something but Ireland haven't qualified yet.

Indeed loads of work to do yet. In fact in my opinion despite being difficult to beat they will be underdogs in the play offs especially if not seeded where they could easily meet Turkey/Holland or Croatia or Ukraine or Sweden (I don't think they will win in Poland on Sunday). Personally I don't see them qualifying and probably would have felt the same with us in the play offs.

Was the first or second goal you scored not from a long ball into the box?

Ffs get a grip, are you trying to say to all goalkeepers in world football there's a new rule you have to roll the ball out because if you score from a kickout you'll be slagged from

Pillar to post for playing long ball tactics! Get a fekin grip!!!

Ffs get a grip, are you trying to say to all goalkeepers in world football there's a new rule you have to roll the ball out because if you score from a kickout you'll be slagged from

Pillar to post for playing long ball tactics! Get a fekin grip!!!

We can argue all night long about whether or not Ireland are a pish long ball team. It kinda doesn't matter - they're the ones with third place in the bag and playing the last game for second.

If that situation had come about as a result of long ball tactics then good luck to them. I think it's called playing to your strengths.

Off course you are a long ball team.We know that in Poland as well.But qualification games are all about picking up points no matter how.So fair play to Ireland.we will demolish you in warsaw anyway,no offence*

We can argue till the cows come home about who's the better team, but at the end of the day it's our mentality that screwed us, and this is always our downfall. Lets be honest with ourselves. Who would you have put money on to capitulate in this campaign? Until we address our mentality, we won't progress.

??????

Correct. A long ball up the park knocked on to a striker to score counts the same as a dozen passes and mazy run into the box before rounding the keeper to score.

Mark Warburton was right in a recent interview when he said there's no wrong way or right way to play the game. If a team wins by lumping it up the park then that's the right way for that team

A goal is a goal is a goal. There's no prizes in this game for artistic impression