Press Conference - Gordon Strachan -18:30 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Press Conference - Gordon Strachan -18:30

Bzzzz

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of Strachan, I just wish he'd be a wee bit more positive. Maybe it's just his personality but he never seems all that enthusiastic in interviews, whether talking about his own future or anything to do with the players. Surely the constant downplaying of ability that we get from in interviews has an effect on players? I'd rather read my manager telling the press and public that I was a great player - even if the message in private is different - than to hear him tell the world that me and my team mates aren't good enough.

I want Strachan to stay.

Re: McLeish report. The vast majority or maybe all of his recommendations have been implemented.

I don't doubt this...but the change needed requires HUGE investment in facilities and coaching. That sort of cash the sfa don't have....only with central government support is that possible.

I don't doubt this...but the change needed requires HUGE investment in facilities and coaching. That sort of cash the sfa don't have....only with central government support is that possible.

Yep, think it's pretty clear it really does need to happen too. So annoying looking back at McConnell and what he/they did. How many times do people need to be shown that the union is only interested in keeping Scotland in its place.

Yep, think it's pretty clear it really does need to happen too. So annoying looking back at McConnell and what he/they did. How many times do people need to be shown that the union is only interested in keeping Scotland in its place.

Yes. The lack of government support for the failed euro 2000 bid was a crippler....The infusion of cash then could have kickstarted things.

OK, its end of qualifying campaign so what are your thoughts going by his aftermatch interview?

I saw the Sky Sports interview and going by that, my gut instinct has changed from thinking he will resign to now thinking that he is going to give World Cup 2018 qualifying a bash which would be great news :-).

He said that tonight was his best moment as Scotland manager and that the travelling support were excellent but what made my mind up was when he said "I am proud to be the Scotland manager".

Plus, there was no sign of a farewell wave to crowd at full time.

Yes. The lack of government support for the failed euro 2000 bid was a crippler....The infusion of cash then could have kickstarted things.

The cash would have went to stadiums as per rebuilding Hampden. It's indoor pitches particularly that are lacking.

The cash would have went to stadiums as per rebuilding Hampden. It's indoor pitches particularly that are lacking.

Yep

It's also infuriating that the money made from the Old Firm (mainly Celtic recently) from Europe is frittered away to the other clubs

All that over the years should have been put to neutral infrastructure

It would have gone FAR further than that fella, it would have funded much needed infrastructure and transport upgrades, massive financial injections all over the place above the standard. Sadly for us "some" were either told or thought that Scotland having a bit of hope and encouragement was a bad thing. Bad for whom you might ask...

FTU