Press Conference - Gordon Strachan -18:30 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Press Conference - Gordon Strachan -18:30

Bzzzz

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter saying that he said in his interview that he won't reveal his future after tomorrows game so that tells me that he thinks he needs time to reflect and make up his mind but a bloke on pie and Bovril said that he reckons that the interview was a accidental move claiming that he is off.

He also said that he will make changes to "reward fringe players in the squad".

He was using the "real people" he & McGhee met (on the Marr lodge golf course!!), who told him that they were proud of the team and felt sorry for the players, etc, etc. Therefore insinuating that all of us who are pissed off with the way things went are not "real people".

Needless to say none of the media patsies who were there challenged him on what he was going on about, seems as though they don't want to earn their wages by asking actual questions which mean something.

I am pretty sure now he is going to bin it after tomorrows game, he slipped up when he said he had enjoyed his time as manager, then quickly changed it to enjoying his time. May be a genuine slip of the tongue, but I think it was more of an insight into how he is feeling about things.

Time will tell I suppose.

He was using the "real people" he & McGhee met (on the Marr lodge golf course!!), who told him that they were proud of the team and felt sorry for the players, etc, etc. Therefore insinuating that all of us who are pissed off with the way things went are not "real people".

Needless to say none of the media patsies who were there challenged him on what he was going on about, seems as though they don't want to earn their wages by asking actual questions which mean something.

I am pretty sure now he is going to bin it after tomorrows game, he slipped up when he said he had enjoyed his time as manager, then quickly changed it to enjoying his time. May be a genuine slip of the tongue, but I think it was more of an insight into how he is feeling about things.

Time will tell I suppose.

I tell you if he walks we are in deep $hite.

I know, I don't want him to go either. I am just giving you my take on what I think is going to happen.

Our continual international failure goes much deeper than the guy who happens to name the squad every few months.

On the other side of this - after Poland match he spoke of what the team/players had to do over the next two years. Now in my mind that is not something you'd think he'd talk about if he isn't going to be involved.

We are in deep $hite whether Strachan leaves or not

We are fine midfield and up front - it is a severe dearth of defensive players thats our problem which i suggest will have more of a bearing on Strachan's decision than anything else

Personally im not going to have sleepless nights if he leaves or not after our performances in the second half of the group - away to Ireland and Georgia particularly and hanging on in both games against Poland after leading

We are in deep $hite whether Strachan leaves or not

We are fine midfield and up front - it is a severe dearth of defensive players thats our problem which i suggest will have more of a bearing on Strachan's decision than anything else

Personally im not going to have sleepless nights if he leaves or not after our performances in the second half of the group - away to Ireland and Georgia particularly and hanging on in both games against Poland after leading

Yes but I'd sooner be in deep $hite with a competent manager at the helm who has the players respect and devotion than a Bobby Williamson or Jimmy Calderwood-type commanding a rabble.

Yes but I'd sooner be in deep $hite with a competent manager at the helm who has the players respect and devotion than a Bobby Williamson or Jimmy Calderwood-type commanding a rabble.

Neither of those two would have a chance of getting the job and here's why

Top class managers being interested in the job has never been a problem for Scotland

The problem is the SFA

Their criteria for Scotland managers is someone who is;

1 Affordable

2 Wont rock their boat

Now as much as i criticise the SFA for being out of touch with the fans id be fairly certain they can sense the rumblings amongst us with regards renewing memberships and a possible drop off in attendances

Yes being drawn against England is attractive for their coffers but weighed against that is the real possibility of being totally embarrassed

In my opinion we are in an ideal place for the SFA having no option but to go and pay for a top drawer manager if Strachan leaves as if they appoint anyone who doesnt stir the imagination means big trouble for them

The SFA won't spend a thrupenny bit on a decent manager to replace Strachan. Mark my words it will be another in the realm of Craig Levein or George Burley's standings.

As Kenny Dalglish said yesterday fans are mad if they think they'll get a better manager than Strachan just now to manage us.

I have said it before on here we lack the quality. Look at the number of players who start games for us who are lambasted by posters on here - speaks volumes. Look at the threads on players coming through or waiting in the wings in our squad for a chance - doesn't inspire me with confidence either.

The SFA won't spend a thrupenny bit on a decent manager to replace Strachan. Mark my words it will be another in the realm of Craig Levein or George Burley's standings.

As Kenny Dalglish said yesterday fans are mad if they think they'll get a better manager than Strachan just now to manage us.

I have said it before on here we lack the quality. Look at the number of players who start games for us who are lambasted by posters on here - speaks volumes. Look at the threads on players coming through or waiting in the wings in our squad for a chance - doesn't inspire me with confidence either.

Got to think outside the box and go overseas if necessary

Doesnt have to be Scottish

Example - we could have had Lagerback

Neither of those two would have a chance of getting the job and here's why

Top class managers being interested in the job has never been a problem for Scotland

The problem is the SFA

Their criteria for Scotland managers is someone who is;

1 Affordable

2 Wont rock their boat

Now as much as i criticise the SFA for being out of touch with the fans id be fairly certain they can sense the rumblings amongst us with regards renewing memberships and a possible drop off in attendances

Yes being drawn against England is attractive for their coffers but weighed against that is the real possibility of being totally embarrassed

In my opinion we are in an ideal place for the SFA having no option but to go and pay for a top drawer manager if Strachan leaves as if they appoint anyone who doesnt stir the imagination means big trouble for them

You are absolutely bang on about "not rocking their boat" being one of the main priorities for the SFA when they are deciding who to offer a contract to.

The governors of our game really need to shake themselves out of their cosy existence where they just sit back and fleece the support to maintain their junket fueled lifestyle.

That doesn't change the fact that we lack the quality. Read the posts on here and Brown, Hutton, Forrest, Steven Fletcher, Ritchie, Rhodes, Griffiths, Whittaker and others get lambasted and a number of these are our first team regulars - speaks volumes in itself about a lack of quality.

No. but it does come back to the fact that the SFA and Scottish Government have failed miserably in their DUTY to invest - reinvest in facilities and coaching to give our (long in the) future squads the best possible chance of success.

Thought I`d read here before Germany game that our stats with Strachan were nearly as bad as with Levein so probably as bad or worse now. If Strachan goes no hurry to find successor, just have someone in for March friendly (or top manager who`s definitely available from May/June with caretaker for November and March).

No.

The government shouldn't be interfering with professional sport.

But they should be interfering with sport - thats why they have a Minister for Sport, Health Improvement and Mental Health.

They would have to authorise planning permission and approve funding in conjuntion with the SFA for more indoor/outdoor facilities for example.

Or insisting that every school has an astroturf pitch

The SFA could be left alone to totally restructure their youth coaching regime for such facilities

Edited by Ally Bongo