Music From The 1990's - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Music From The 1990's

Picked up Dillingers book again last night and feeling a bit nostalgic this morning. I know we have plenty of posters into their music so let's have a few examples from the best musical decade in history. Ok that last part is open to debate, but certainly my favourite anyway.

Also interested to hear what the track means to you, if you can be arsed telling us.

I'll start us off with a couple.

Released in 1990. Not their best track by a long shot but certainly the one that got me into them, and probably rock music in general now I think about it.

Edited by Angus_Young

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest I spent a large part of the 1990s struggling to hear music for kids crying, nappy changing, trying to get them to school, blah blah. However I did spend certain amounts of time up in the night with restless sprogs listening to the radio. So I don't have a wide choice & it probably doesn't tick any particularly eclectic boxes, but particularly special to me from that time is this:

I'll be honest I spent a large part of the 1990s struggling to hear music for kids crying, nappy changing, trying to get them to school, blah blah. However I did spend certain amounts of time up in the night with restless sprogs listening to the radio. So I don't have a wide choice & it probably doesn't tick any particularly eclectic boxes, but particularly special to me from that time is this:

When it comes to music there is only one box you need to tick, and that's your own mate.

Good choice BTW, seriously underrated band IMO.

At the start of the decade I was into the indie/madchester/shoegaze scene. Charlatans, Ride and the likes. Between 91 and 94 - my student years - I was at either the Barrowlands or King Tuts probably every weekend.

94-96 I was a huge Oasis fanboy. Saw them in Glasgow Cathouse june 94 and then TITP '94 and Irvine beach. I went to TITP each year from 94 to 98.

The 2nd half of the decade I began to appreciate the club scene and especially trance. In 1999 I was at The Arches every month and also had foreign trips to Dance Valley in Holland and Ibiza.

At the start of the decade I was into the indie/madchester/shoegaze scene. Charlatans, Ride and the likes. Between 91 and 94 - my student years - I was at either the Barrowlands or King Tuts probably every weekend.

94-96 I was a huge Oasis fanboy. Saw them in Glasgow Cathouse june 94 and then TITP '94 and Irvine beach. I went to TITP each year from 94 to 98.

The 2nd half of the decade I began to appreciate the club scene and especially trance. In 1999 I was at The Arches every month and also had foreign trips to Dance Valley in Holland and Ibiza.

Inside Out I assume?

I was at Colours and Pressure (the latter religiously) more, but still had some cracking nights at IO. It did get a bit neddy though, especially when they gave that tit Judge Jules a residency.

The Charlatans opened up the Super League Grand Final last night :ok:

Inside Out I assume?

I was at Colours and Pressure (the latter religiously) more, but still had some cracking nights at IO. It did get a bit neddy though, especially when they gave that tit Judge Jules a residency.

I had the odd night at Colours and Pressure but it was mainly IO.

I agree the JJ nights did bring out more of the neds but it was never that bad. Anyways there was usually a 2nd arch open which you could escape to if required.

I loved The Arches before it got it's make over. When it got all tarted up with air-con and nice toilets it lost something that made it unique.

One from my Arches and Sub Club Days.

My first trip to the Arches in 2000, this was the last track of the night. Thought the roof was going to come off.

Good shout

Mind seeing Green Velvet at Pure at the Barrowlands in 1994/95. Blew the place up. They were great events.

Here's a couple from me which will always mind me of the 90s.

Edited by Mitre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkOjZcQWvFE

Nearly wore out my Trompe Le Monde tape in my Walkman, travelling on the train to uni everyday.

Leftfield - Leftism also one of my most played albums. Saw them live at TITP, '95 i think it was. They were playing in one of the tents and with everybody dancing about it kicked up all the dust and dirt. I was blowing brown boggies out my nose for about 2 days after that.

I had the odd night at Colours and Pressure but it was mainly IO.

I agree the JJ nights did bring out more of the neds but it was never that bad. Anyways there was usually a 2nd arch open which you could escape to if required.

I loved The Arches before it got it's make over. When it got all tarted up with air-con and nice toilets it lost something that made it unique.

I'll never forget him playing the Venga Boys at the Arches. He was (rightly) booed off :-))

Good shout

Mind seeing Green Velvet at Pure at the Barrowlands in 1994/95. Blew the place up. They were great events.

Here's a couple from me which will always mind me of the 90s.

He did a Live set at TITP Circa 2001 and about tore the roof of the place. It was 5 in the afternoon or something :-))

I find it hard to single out anything from the 90s as so much good stuff - would agree with most of what's been posted above. Early 90s teenage fanclub for me along with all the Manchester stuff a real highlight.

You don;t need to single them out mate, get them all posted :ok: