Music From The 1990's - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Music From The 1990's

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hacked off I missed the gig at the Barras - I'm not a fan of the Corn Exchange as a venue.

Saw the charlatans in there a few years ago and it was rubbish! Think layout and vibe of the venue doesnt lend itself to a good gig! Will report back after ride!

70s was the best decade IMO. So many genres were spawned then. The 90s tunes were just a regurgitation of 60s tunes. Crikey, even the 60s B sides were better than the 90s had to offer. for example...

Edit - meant to say, listen to the outro on this and then listen to the outro on whatever by Oasis Edited by Capital Saint

One for Big Col

always some debate with this track, if one of the later versions was better. 1999 runs it close but can't be the original IMO

1999 Gouryella remix for me. It's got more energy IMO.

Although I wouldn't be disappointed with the 1998 Matt Darey mix.

Agree with the poster about being too many to single out a tune. Early 90's was rock and rap for me so bands like gnr, metallica, house of pain, cypress hill, rage against the machine etc. Started getting into oasis and blur when they started so that got me into listening to the indie scene. Also started clubbing at the metro towards the mid/late 90's which got me listening to stuff like faithless, underworld, ultrasonic etc. As you can probably see I have a vast taste in music. If its good I'll listen to it. Don't listen to all styles all the time. I will maybe listen to indie/rock for a while then change to rap or dance so you never know what is going to be on my iPod at any one time lol.

Think for me the 90's was the decade for my music. Maybe it's down to my age at the time(15 in 1990) so I guess the whole decade was for me about discovering music and enjoying the freedom of life with out the commitments of family

Agree with the poster about being too many to single out a tune. Early 90's was rock and rap for me so bands like gnr, metallica, house of pain, cypress hill, rage against the machine etc. Started getting into oasis and blur when they started so that got me into listening to the indie scene. Also started clubbing at the metro towards the mid/late 90's which got me listening to stuff like faithless, underworld, ultrasonic etc. As you can probably see I have a vast taste in music. If its good I'll listen to it. Don't listen to all styles all the time. I will maybe listen to indie/rock for a while then change to rap or dance so you never know what is going to be on my iPod at any one time lol.

Think for me the 90's was the decade for my music. Maybe it's down to my age at the time(15 in 1990) so I guess the whole decade was for me about discovering music and enjoying the freedom of life with out the commitments of family

Agree with this. Although I'm a bit younger than you I'm very much a broad church as well. My old man had a big influence on me with bands like AC/DC, UFO, Def Leppard, Rush and Thin Lizzy. Like you I was also right into the indi and club scene. Ultra Sonic is a great shout btw. I had 'global techno junkies' on video :)

http://youtu.be/SYNu-ppr7PQ

Edited by Angus_Young

Lol def leopard loved them as a kid. Used to go to my grand on a sunday and my older cousin would be playing all these rock records to me such as saxxon and motorhead so guess that's where my love of rock comes from. Glad to hear you another ultrasonic fan. Possibly my favourite dance band. Also helps that I know one of the founders Mallorca Lee. Think my favourite of there's was check your head.

Lol def leopard loved them as a kid. Used to go to my grand on a sunday and my older cousin would be playing all these rock records to me such as saxxon and motorhead so guess that's where my love of rock comes from. Glad to hear you another ultrasonic fan. Possibly my favourite dance band. Also helps that I know one of the founders Mallorca Lee. Think my favourite of there's was check your head.

Hard to see past Annihilating Rhythm. Tic Tok was another favourite. Was he the lad that set up 'Public Domain'?

Couldn't say they were my favourite mind you. I went to see Underworld during the Everything Everything tour and it was just incredible. Cowgirl is very possibly my favourite dance track of all time.

http://youtu.be/l2q4DPdrR8Y

Hard to see past Annihilating Rhythm. Tic Tok was another favourite. Was he the lad that set up 'Public Domain'?

Couldn't say they were my favourite mind you. I went to see Underworld during the Everything Everything tour and it was just incredible. Cowgirl is very possibly my favourite dance track of all time.http://youtu.be/l2q4DPdrR8Y

Ye he also set up public domain with Marc sherry. He a great guy and just totally into music of all sorts. Ye those tunes are great as well

Ye my other half is a massive underworld fan. She prefers dirty epic or born slippy. As you can guess she has underworld on my iPod to keep her happy lol

Good thread! Last one had to be done sorry......

Sake, no idea how to make the links come up automatically sorry. :(

Your first one is a great shout. I once seen Mr C doing a DJ set in Alaska (now Buff Club). Very very good.

Pretty sure that's where 'Pressure' started off. Cracking we club that.

Inside Out I assume?

I was at Colours and Pressure (the latter religiously) more, but still had some cracking nights at IO. It did get a bit neddy though, especially when they gave that tit Judge Jules a residency.

The Charlatans opened up the Super League Grand Final last night :ok:

I was more a pressure/colours man but had some cracking nights at IO and Freefall.