Music From The 1990's - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Music From The 1990's

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more a pressure/colours man but had some cracking nights at IO and Freefall.

Aye mate I totally agree. A cracking night.

Pressure has always been my favourite though. Dave Clarke, Adam Beyer, Green Velvet and Ritchie Hawtin stick out as bring particularly memorable nights. Liked a lot of the electro stuff they brought in too. Can remember a Soma night they did (10th b'day party maybe?) where Funk D Void finished off. Tremendous!

Probably because of the age I was at the time I loved 90s music. The last one reminds of some 'interesting' joints I visited when I first moved to Bristol when I was 17. Good times.

https://youtu.be/IBH97ma9YiI

https://youtu.be/KFnvkypksPI?list=PLIF0xQ52m3qY4BMU-IaD4nbNxPCfLfmAz

https://youtu.be/ch_VPnbpkqc

https://youtu.be/z_VKMWs2eaI

Edited by Bristol Killie

Aye mate I totally agree. A cracking night.

Pressure has always been my favourite though. Dave Clarke, Adam Beyer, Green Velvet and Ritchie Hawtin stick out as bring particularly memorable nights. Liked a lot of the electro stuff they brought in too. Can remember a Soma night they did (10th b'day party maybe?) where Funk D Void finished off. Tremendous!

Derrick Carter on boxing day this year.

Cannae wait

Didn't happen to catch one of their accoustic nights last year did you?

No mate mrs was 8 month pregnant so had to give the tickets up. There's a full video of them in Birmingham going an acoustic set that is absolutely mint - Riverboat Song on the bongos.

Are they up here again during the winter?

No mate mrs was 8 month pregnant so had to give the tickets up. There's a full video of them in Birmingham going an acoustic set that is absolutely mint - Riverboat Song on the bongos.

Are they up here again during the winter?

Not that I know of. I would be there in a shot though. It was a superb night.

No doubting the 90s was a golden era in music. Since the turn of 2000, it feels like we've been on a downward spiral. I always wondered whether its just because the 90s coincided with me going through high school and on to uni and discovering so many fantastic bands, or whether it was something more. Either way, great times.

Most influential bands would have to the likes of Radiohead, Metallica, AC/DC, Oasis, Nirvana, Green Day, REM...

Outstanding. Almost makes me embarrassed for today's artists.

I was aged between 12-22 in the 90s so most of the music I love comes from that era. I've got a great couple of gigs coming up where we're going to see Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets and Shed 7 all within about 3 weeks of each other.

I had a real watershed moment at the tail end of last year when I went down to the last ever Carter USM gig at the Academy. Carter were the first band I ever saw live back in about 1992 at the Barras with the worst ever fake ID you'll see in your life. My recollection of it is the bouncer looking at the ID, looking at me, laughing and then saying to my mate (who was 17 but looked about 20) "just look after him". Seeing them play their last ever gig in November really struck a chord with me and as much as I loved the gig itself I came away with a real sense of melancholy knowing I would never see them again and I was very aware that night of time catching up with us all!

Anyway, with that in mind I'll post 2 of my favourite songs from my 2 favourite bands, not just of the 90s but of all time.