Too Many Of Our Fans Are Clowns - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Too Many Of Our Fans Are Clowns

Debian

Who the feck are the doh a deer mob.r they imaginery??r they the ones with the kilts and hats,just kilts,football tops,football tops and kilts,football top and jeans,football tops kilts and trainers,football tops,jeans and trainers or timberland boots.it's all too confusing for me??

Edited by allyc

I have been going to Scotland away games for 20 years, and am currently in Faro.

Yes, there are a lot of fans who are cringeworthy. Some too boozed up, some spending the game booting blow up beach balls about rather than watch the game - not realise it's annoying the hell out of people who are trying to watch rather than play their childish little game, dress way beyond just wearing a kilt and instead getting dolled up like they're going to a fancy dress party, would rather sing silly ones than ones in support of the team, and it does all smack of looking for attention, "look at us aren't we hilarious", and sometimes it actually erodes the passion from the support. I think there was a lot of it at the Gibralter game.

However, just because you wear a kilt, doesn't mean you're instantly one of the above.

No wonder we are horseshit with Doh a Deer and weirdos from Aberdeen with pointy feathered hats.

Greeting aboot folk having a jagerbomb in the ground or trying to fire in to sluts abroad.

Hope your oil rigs fall over

how is a bigoted eastward like you allowed to stay on this board. Well if you are on here when I get back from portugal then I am out of here

I'm sitting in the airport on my way home and there are plenty TA hanging about too. At the game the vast majority of folk were on good form, some wearing kilts some with stupid hats.

It's all no harm though as far as I have seen, I see more pished old wasters at home games than away.

Enjoyed the trip in the end even though on Thursday night I really couldnae be arsed, looking forward to Bratislava and Ljubljana now.

Crazy that these type of threads always happen after a trip... Give the fans a pass - Thursday was a bitter pill to swallow and the game was meaningless so fair play to those that made the best of the trip and actually went to the game! What were you expecting? Would you have preferred that they gave Strachan and the team pelters for 90mins?

I want Strachan to stay on for the next campaign and we have made progress (although not enough yet) so was good that the fans backed him

Thought fans have been great , especially here in Olhao has been good fun.

Apart from a cheeky cow last night at stadium who was not happy I was standing in there area. Instead of just asking me to move she proceeded to shout loudly about me being there. Looks like she chews a lot of wasps so let her have her wee rant.

Great trip so far given I was ready for binning it on Thursday.

Why do people have such a big problem with people travelling in kilts?

It's always the ones who don't have the strong manly legs to carry off the look that complain. Neither are they cool enough to marry the kilt with a pair of sambas and a Glengarry that looks like a scrapyard. Jealous bitches IMHO.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

This thread has made for interesting reading.

It seems that the TA is at a crossroads. We now have to decide between the following:

Some think we should be more like this......

CKEGuMfWoAAStCS.jpg

But others maintain that there is no harm in this ..........

Andy-Stewart-I-Love-To-Wear-Th-462129.jp

Or is there another way ?

I love Scotland but to be fair when I went to an away game half of the doh-a deer mob were too pished to even notice the actual match and their main focus was to get blootered and walk through the main square all dressed up in kilt and feather hat to impress the locals

Nonsense, the main focus is the game. Most folk have a drink prior to the match, some folk lose count of how many they've had. The game only lasts for 90 minutes but the trip lasts at least 24 hours - what's the problem with having a chat with the locals to help pass the time till kick-off?

I have been going to Scotland away games for 20 years, and am currently in Faro.

Yes, there are a lot of fans who are cringeworthy. Some too boozed up, some spending the game booting blow up beach balls about rather than watch the game - not realise it's annoying the hell out of people who are trying to watch rather than play their childish little game, dress way beyond just wearing a kilt and instead getting dolled up like they're going to a fancy dress party, would rather sing silly ones than ones in support of the team, and it does all smack of looking for attention, "look at us aren't we hilarious", and sometimes it actually erodes the passion from the support. I think there was a lot of it at the Gibralter game.

However, just because you wear a kilt, doesn't mean you're instantly one of the above.

The passion and atmosphere would've been entirely different on Sunday if it had been a meaningful game.

My point is the game affects the atmosphere.

20 years ago we were playing actual qualifiers, these days they are glorified friendlies sadly.

Your post makes no sense. Poland certainly wasn't a glorified friendly.

I barely mentioned Gibraltar apart from saying I was in Faro.

I said there are plenty idiots in our support, but just because you wear a kilt doesn't mean you're one of them.

Your point has nothing to do with my post.

Your post makes no sense. Poland certainly wasn't a glorified friendly.

I barely mentioned Gibraltar apart from saying I was in Faro.

I said there are plenty idiots in our support, but just because you wear a kilt doesn't mean you're one of them.

Your point has nothing to do with my post.

Your post had 3 paragraphs, it had more than one point. The atmosphere was different in Warsaw than it was in Faro...because of the game. And there were plenty of idiots in our support 20 years ago.

You're right though, just because you're wearing a kilt doesn't mean you're an idiot.

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. I am season ticket holder at Ibrox, but have been to every game in this campaign, home and away. I take great pride in wearing my Kilt and being Scottish.

The kilt makes a lot of Scots cringe, it always has done. That's symptomatic of a deeper mental issue. But rest assured it's only Scots and probably other Brits who are cringing at it. All foreigners like it and enjoy seeing it so why shouldn't we express our pride in this way? Just because some amongst us suffer from the cringe, why should we all suffer?