Friendlies - Who To Playbefore The Wc Group? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies - Who To Playbefore The Wc Group?

TA Torr

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hungary a, Romania a or Austria away would be my bet.

I would not want to play Austria. I've watched a few of their games in qualification process this year and they are massively impressive. As good a team as I've seen in all the games I've watched. I will be backing them for a top 4 placing in the euros.

I would not want to play Austria. I've watched a few of their games in qualification process this year and they are massively impressive. As good a team as I've seen in all the games I've watched. I will be backing them for a top 4 placing in the euros.

Yeah, they look fantastic.

Caught the Russian, Swedish x2 games. Especially in Stockholm, they were rampant.

Tempted to stick them on. 50-1

The word from the press boys is it's unlikely we'll play anyone in November.

Iceland or Switzerland away would be fantastic.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few qualifying teams fancy playing us. Albania at home would be worth it for coefficient points.

Edited by Dunty

The word from the press boys is it's unlikely we'll play anyone in November.

Iceland or Switzerland away would be fantastic.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few qualifying teams fancy playing us. Albania at home would be worth it for coefficient points.

Good. Tbh I've had enough for now.

I think we should pair who we have to play with teams that play a similar style of football or teams in similar part of Europe - so maybe:

England - Northern Ireland

Slovakia - Czech Republic/Hungary

Slovenia - Bosnia/Montenegro

Lithuania - Estonia/Latvia

Malta - N/A

we played and beat poland (you wont get a better like for like than that) before this last group and that didnt help us very much in the end up so dont really think it matters.

id rather see some 'b' games with uncapped players given run outs to try and swell the ranks a bit, need to magic couple of players from somewhere

we played and beat poland (you wont get a better like for like than that) before this last group and that didnt help us very much in the end up so dont really think it matters.

id rather see some 'b' games with uncapped players given run outs to try and swell the ranks a bit, need to magic couple of players from somewhere

They were missing their goalscorer in the friendly though.

I would like to see some of the younger players given a go in the friendlies - and the qualifiers, where appropriate.

We'll be an attractive opposition for some after the Euro 16 group draws.

With everyone else qualifying apart from us ( :angry: ) the teams that they draw will see us as good warm up opposition because of the way we play.

And the fact that we're actually a better team than all of them. Except England maybe...

Just checked the FIFA calendar and seems we can't play a friendly in June... can have upto 2 next month, then upto 2 at the end of March.

Then that's us till Malta.

Would be good to have Hungary or something away in March...

We can play friendlies in May / June - there are no official dates, but there will be plenty of teams looking to play warm up games for the Euros.

29th August - 6th September are official and friendly games so expect a game before Malta (somewhere in Southern Europe would be sensible so the players can at least get used to the heat)

We can play friendlies in May / June - there are no official dates, but there will be plenty of teams looking to play warm up games for the Euros.

29th August - 6th September are official and friendly games so expect a game before Malta (somewhere in Southern Europe would be sensible so the players can at least get used to the heat)

Ah I see, I was under the impression that international fixtures could only be played on Fifa calendar dates.

June would be good then!