Should Strach Stay? Poll? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should Strach Stay? Poll?

weekevie04

The campaign was an abject failure - a play-off spot was the absolute minimum that would have been acceptable - the only reason I'm not too bothered whether he stays or goes is my complete lack of faith in the SFA finding a competent replacement.

Edited by Charlie Endell

The campaign was an abject failure - a play-off spot was the absolute minimum that would have been acceptable - the only reason I'm not too bothered whether he stays or goes is my complete lack of faith in the SFA finding a competent replacement.

Spot on. Take away the two games against Gibraltar and we only took 9 points from 8 games which is embarassing.

Strachan to stay? Yes, he needs another campaign to learn from the failings of this one.

I would also like to see a defensive coach brought in, ie, Willie Miller to take the place of either McGee or McCall when they get a club gig.

The SFA clowns on the other hand can get to .

I didn't particularly want him to start with. Couldn't see the attraction, very poor management record. But a very good campaign run by his meeja pals soon got everyone thinking he was the messiah. Now, after possibly the worst campaign I have witnessed, I couldn't really care if he goes or stays. It won't matter a jot, we have the poorest pool of players for a long time, with no prospect of it getting better any time soon.

The one thing that may be in his favour is that a bit of continuity might just help.

I keep thinking we have hit rock-bottom. Hopefully, one of these days, I will be right.

I didn't particularly want him to start with. Couldn't see the attraction, very poor management record. But a very good campaign run by his meeja pals soon got everyone thinking he was the messiah. Now, after possibly the worst campaign I have witnessed, I couldn't really care if he goes or stays. It won't matter a jot, we have the poorest pool of players for a long time, with no prospect of it getting better any time soon.

The one thing that may be in his favour is that a bit of continuity might just help.

I keep thinking we have hit rock-bottom. Hopefully, one of these days, I will be right.

that sums it up for me

Spot on. Take away the two games against Gibraltar and we only took 9 points from 8 games which is embarassing.

obviously we weren't a success, but those two away games (germany + poland) at the start of the campaign were what created a stack of optimism, we played really good football, nae wins but for the first time in donkeys, proper fitba.

We gave Levein another campaign when he REALLY did not deserve one... think we all have a wee bit more confidence in WGS than bloody Levein. Saying that, it would really depend on the successor, no THAT bothered tbh...

Edited by Bzzzz

I would love GS to stay but I see that McGhee is in poll position to make a sensational return to Motherwell- Source is the Sun which say an appointment could be made in next day or two.

McCall is also linked with a move to United and may well be in contention to replace Hughes if he leaves ICT for Tannadice.

Now, just because his assistants are interested in management positions, I don't believe that Strachan will resign though.

I would definitely give WGS another crack at the whip as I think we've played some nice stuff at times and scored some nice goals. I remember under Burley and Levein I'd actually dread watching us because you knew we were going get pumped or going to be bored oot oor skulls. At least under wee Strach we've had a bit of excitement and but for one really disgusting performance in Tbilisi we'd have made the play-offs. I say get rid of the shysters at the S.F.A !!

I would definitely give WGS another crack at the whip as I think we've played some nice stuff at times and scored some nice goals. I remember under Burley and Levein I'd actually dread watching us because you knew we were going get pumped or going to be bored oot oor skulls. At least under wee Strach we've had a bit of excitement and but for one really disgusting performance in Tbilisi we'd have made the play-offs. I say get rid of the shysters at the S.F.A !!

This. Strachan should stay.

Those who want him to go must have really short memories. We were absolutely dreadful to watch under Burley and Levein and it was always a damage limitation against anyone half-decent. We are moving in the right direction while playing some nice, attacking football under wgs. We were in the toughest group and one poor result in Georgia caused us the play-offs. We would have qualified automatically had we been in any of those piss easy groups N Ireland, Wales, and England were in. With the current players we have wgs did as well as anyone could have. I hope he stays.

He should stay- people claiming that the campaign has been an abject failure and that we have hit a new low are watching a different side. There has been definite progress- no need for knee-jerk reactions. Another campaign with no obvious strong second seed is a good opportunity- would be shooting ourselves in the foot to start from scratch.

He should get someone else to do his press conferences though.

Strachan to stay? Yes, he needs another campaign to learn from the failings of this one.

I would also like to see a defensive coach brought in, ie, Willie Miller to take the place of either McGee or McCall when they get a club gig.

The SFA clowns on the other hand can get to .

I don't think Strachan will learn from his mistakes if he stays, he's a loyal manager and will continue to hide behind the "we don't have any world class players" line

Those who want him to go must have really short memories. We were absolutely dreadful to watch under Burley and Levein and it was always a damage limitation against anyone half-decent. We are moving in the right direction while playing some nice, attacking football under wgs. We were in the toughest group and one poor result in Georgia caused us the play-offs. We would have qualified automatically had we been in any of those piss easy groups N Ireland, Wales, and England were in. With the current players we have wgs did as well as anyone could have. I hope he stays.

I am 50/50 on whether I want him to stay, we had some better than average performances against Poland away, Germany away, Rep of Ireland at home but other than those matches we didn't play nice stuff at all. As I said above, he's too loyal and its the attitude that's all wrong.

Northern Ireland and Wales had this fantastic idea that you have to go out and win games to qualify instead of going out not to lose in places like Ireland and Georgia. Until the mentality and attitude changes we will remain a 3rd/4th place team.

Those who want him to go must have really short memories. We were absolutely dreadful to watch under Burley and Levein and it was always a damage limitation against anyone half-decent. We are moving in the right direction while playing some nice, attacking football under wgs. We were in the toughest group and one poor result in Georgia caused us the play-offs. - We would have qualified automatically had we been in any of those piss easy groups N Ireland, Wales, and England were in. With the current players we have wgs did as well as anyone could have. I hope he stays.

Highly unlikely.

Lewandowski aside Poland are very average and Ireland are, well, not terribly good. Our group wasn't as tough as people like to make out.

Edited by Charlie Endell

My only concern is as someone else said above that he won't learn his lessons. All he's done is bang on about how proud he is of his players etc etc. I'd like to have heard him say "we've made a few mistakes that we need to learn from which have ultimately cost us qualification from a group where a play off spot should have been our bare minimum ambition".

That said, I'd give him another campaign as I believe he is capable.

As for the guy who said this was the worst campaign in memory, either he's completely ####in deluded or he's been watching Scotland for ermmm one campaign.

Of course he must stay.

Take away the Georgia away game (which was shocking) and there was not all that much to complain about.

Those that go out of there way to find something to complain about should be realistic about our squad and what the last couple of managers were able to produce.

In my opinion, Strachan should stay.

1. Some of his team and squad selections aside, he is good.

2. The players largely play for him.

3. There's nobody else.

4. Lastly, if he left, we'd see the experience and knowledge of yet another another failed campaign wasted and have to start afresh. I don't blame Strachan for our failure in this campaign.