Australia V Scotland - Page 7 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Australia V Scotland

Deedee

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you read my post at all?

The yellow card saw us a man short for 10 mins. A couple of minutes into that and Australia scored a try through the channel that would have been occupied by the guy sitting in the sin bin.

Ergo it directly cost us 7 points. Get it now?

And that could have happened with 15 men.All ifs and buts but lets blame anyone but our own lack of performance.....again.

And that could have happened with 15 men.All ifs and buts but lets blame anyone but our own lack of performance.....again.

Well, our overall performance was generally superb. This was an Australian scrum that demolished England and Wales and was supposed to be the best in rugby, yet we dominated them.

We scored points every time we were in the Australian 22. No mean feat.

We simply let ourselves down on one line-out.

I think too many folk on here are forgetting who the opposition were today. Any chance of a bit of credit where credit's due?

Felt really sorry for wee Laidlaw post match. The very definition of lost for words. Boy was absolutely gutted.

I think too many folk on here are forgetting who the opposition were today. Any chance of a bit of credit where credit's due?

Felt really sorry for wee Laidlaw post match. The very definition of lost for words. Boy was absolutely gutted.

Very true, but I think that's why everyone is particularly gutted.

Narrowing losing to the no. 2 team in the world in the last minute and possibly with a dubious decision or two.

All the more painful on various counts but a huge credit to the Scotland team, squad and management.

I can still barely speak. God knows how the team are feeling.

There'll be a lot of people awake at 4 in the morning replaying that last 2 minutes in their heads and thinking how different it could have been.

I suspect I might be one of them.

Making an arse of such a crucial linout that late in the game is so Scottish mentality & deserved to be punished

Shocking decision at the lineout. Front jumper every day of the week. It was throwing it down by then.

Poor decision making. Not sure what we thought was going to happen even if we had have won it. It was up the jumper time by then.

J

I think we should be proud of the rugby team, this is a massive improvement compared to even a year ago, Cotter has done an excellent job. Gutted we lost and gutted that we lost in the circumstances we did but every player and member of the coaching team should be proud of the efforts against a team who are no2 in the world and horsed Wales and England. What I've appreciated this World Cup is the fact that we had a go, terrific today to see individuals take responsibility and take the Aussies on. Yes it's easy to blame wrong decisions (always easy in hindsight) but hopefully they will be learnt from. I'm sick and tired of getting beat but tonight we should be proud of them.

Making an arse of such a crucial linout that late in the game is so Scottish mentality & deserved to be punished

forget the ref, the lineouts' the only thing that should be getting looked at

otherwise it's just another hard luck story, yawn

It's just so sickening. i) the sadly completely Scottish meltdown on our own lineup when it was simply time to execute safely and securely, putting it up our jumpers for 90 seconds ii) the ineptitude of the arrogant and inconsistent referee to do his job at a pivotal and critical moment. Both things will haunt all involved in our camp and all supporting the team for a long time to come. Was expecting nothing today but to play so well and come so close with a genuine shot at playing in a WC Final at the cathedral of English rugby is absolutely gutting.

I think we should be proud of the rugby team, this is a massive improvement compared to even a year ago, Cotter has done an excellent job. Gutted we lost and gutted that we lost in the circumstances we did but every player and member of the coaching team should be proud of the efforts against a team who are no2 in the world and horsed Wales and England. What I've appreciated this World Cup is the fact that we had a go, terrific today to see individuals take responsibility and take the Aussies on. Yes it's easy to blame wrong decisions (always easy in hindsight) but hopefully they will be learnt from. I'm sick and tired of getting beat but tonight we should be proud of them.

Spot on!

The tmo has intervened effectively throughout this World Cup, and yet his silence during the last few crucial moments was deafening. Why was the late tackle on Hogg not looked at and the penalty incident?

We do our best to feck things up, we don't need the officials working against us too! As Ian McG said in the after match analysis, would the ref had made the same decisions against NZ or indeed Australia in this match? I doubt it.

Edited by Daz1982

Joubert has got previous for that.

Remember the Wales game at Murrayfield a few years back when Wales suckered Joubert into awarding a wheen of scrum penalties against Scotland ?

They engaged late at almost every scrum and Joubert fell for it hook, line and sinker. At the final whistle he made sure he was right on the edge of the pitch and he was up the tunnel like a rat up a drainpipe.

He's not a referee who has been kind to Scotland, but he's been handsomely rewarded at every turn by the IRB. Royally up and influencing games with poor decisions is not a reason for the IRB to sanction referees.

Yep, I remember that one.

The most penalties ever awarded in an international, IIRC.

It's just so sickening. i) the sadly completely Scottish meltdown on our own lineup when it was simply time to execute safely and securely, putting it up our jumpers for 90 seconds ii) the ineptitude of the arrogant and inconsistent referee to do his job at a pivotal and critical moment. Both things will haunt all involved in our camp and all supporting the team for a long time to come. Was expecting nothing today but to play so well and come so close with a genuine shot at playing in a WC Final at the cathedral of English rugby is absolutely gutting.

not given a chance by anyone before the game

stunning performance with last minute f*ck up to lose real chance of a world cup final

should have seen it coming

I know my English missus said "so the same with us v Wales". I pointed out that there is no gulf in class between Wales and England. Scotland beating Australia would have been like Man U losing an FA Cup 1/4 final at home to Yeovil Town.

J

It wasn't for a final, it was a semi final against Argentina. And looking at Argentina right now Scotland could easily have had their arses pumped in that match anyway.

The root of this performance might have been the australians letting their arrogance get in the way. They weren't expecting any kind of challenge today. Nobody was.

Scotland beating Australia would have been like Man U losing an FA Cup 1/4 final at home to Yeovil Town.

J

Not really accurate.

This kind of attitude is actually part of the problem psychologically. We're wee and sh*te.

Edited by thewelk

But we are wee and shyte on a constant and continous basis.and across a multitude of sports.so,so disappointed.

Edited by allyc