Australia V Scotland - Page 8 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Australia V Scotland

Deedee

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we are wee and shyte on a constant and continous basis.and across a multitude of sports.so,so disappointed.

Not really - we had an impressive haul at the Olympics (7 golds) and the commonwealth games, and have a world class tennis player

We have had plenty of top class players in other "sports" like snooker, darts, lawn bowls, curling.

Might be turning the corner at the rugby if we can keep this up.

Football, fair dos, we are pish.

Not really - we had an impressive haul at the Olympics (7 golds) and the commonwealth games, and have a world class tennis player

We have had plenty of top class players in other "sports" like snooker, darts, lawn bowls, curling.

Might be turning the corner at the rugby if we can keep this up.

Football, fair dos, we are pish.

wake up

It wasn't for a final, it was a semi final against Argentina. And looking at Argentina right now Scotland could easily have had their arses pumped in that match anyway.

The root of this performance might have been the australians letting their arrogance get in the way. They weren't expecting any kind of challenge today. Nobody was.

Good Post.

First of all massive Kudos to Scotland on a fantastic performance and hard luck on just falling short.

Argentina are a fantastic side...I am not saying that because I am Irish.....Argentina have been building towards this level for over a decade....they have been a good side for years...but have gone up another level in the last few years.

They play expansive attacking rugby.....very southern hemisphere rugby.....they are an excellent side and were outside contenders for the World cup for a reason.

Loads of media hype towards the Irish rugby side ....but we were shown up for how far we were behind the southern hemisphere sides today.

Scotland deserve massive credit for today - hopefully it is the start of better things

Good Post.

First of all massive Kudos to Scotland on a fantastic performance and hard luck on just falling short.

Argentina are a fantastic side...I am not saying that because I am Irish.....Argentina have been building towards this level for over a decade....they have been a good side for years...but have gone up another level in the last few years.

They play expansive attacking rugby.....very southern hemisphere rugby.....they are an excellent side and were outside contenders for the World cup for a reason.

Loads of media hype towards the Irish rugby side ....but we were shown up for how far we were behind the southern hemisphere sides today.

Scotland deserve massive credit for today - hopefully it is the start of better things

Argentina have massively improved in the last 10-15 years or so but mostly through strong, boring and defensive rugby (from the little I've seen of them).

I've not seen them much recently either so today was a real eye opener.

Argentina have massively improved in the last 10-15 years or so but mostly through strong, boring and defensive rugby (from the little I've seen of them).

I've not seen them much recently either so today was a real eye opener.

Today they were excellent all over the pitch bar the lineout today. They were fast moving and have progressed in every aspect

They knocked us out of the world cup in 2007 and they were a very good side back then..and that was nearly 10 years ago...they have since improved greatly upon that

I could make excuses and say....sexton , o connell , Bowe , and O mahony were all injured for today....but hand on heart ....i still think that Argentina side would l have beaten us. We could not handle their style of Rugby....it was so good

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Today they were excellent all over the pitch bar the lineout. They were fast moving and have progressed in every aspect

They knocked us out of the world cup in 2007 and they were a very good side back then..and that was nearly 10 years ago...they have since improved greatly upon that

I could make excuses and say....sexton , o connell , Bowe , and O mahony were all injured for today....but hand on heart ....i still think that Argentina side would still have beaten us. We could not handle their style of Rugby....it was so good

I don't watch too much rugby these days but were they not more of a solid but boring scrummaging, tough tackling side back then, as opposed to an entertaining and attacking team ?

I seem to remember almost falling asleep watching any match they were involved with.

I don't watch too much rugby these days but were they not more of a solid but boring scrummaging, tough tackling side back then, as opposed to an entertaining and attacking team ?

I seem to remember almost falling asleep watching any match they were involved with.

Attacking entertaining now mate

Not so much back then(2007).....but they were still a very good side.They were much more focused on the basics back then and getting them right ....but have expanded their game since.

Attacking entertaining now mate

Not so much back then(2007).....but they were still a very good side.They were much more focused on the basics back then and getting them right ....but have expanded their game since.

So it seems but not having seen the recent transition, today's result really surprised me.

2D89FAE700000578-3278426-Penalty_came_fr

We have been cheated, true the awful line out caused it.

FFS!!!! Aye, we all know it was a shite line out. Is that all you've got to say about that 80 minutes.

I tell ye what as much as I hate the apologists for what in the past has been some pretty abysmal Scottish capitulations, today wasn't one on them.

As fans we must be the most negative in the world. Get a ####in grip and give a bit of credit where it's due.

That's the game tho.when are we gonna be responsible for ourselves and lose this braveheart bullshyte label..

Edited by allyc

That's the game tho.when are we gonna be responsible for ourselves and lose this braveheart bullshyte label..

What the feck is the Braveheart label?

Some bullshit that the media tag us with.

What the feck has that got to do with today.

Those players gave their ####in lot today and there's tadgers on her giving them shit for one misplaced throw of a ball.

####in disgrace

Thought was a great game

Not a huge fan ; but really enjoyed this World Cup

We did well to capitalize on a lot of their mistakes to earn our try's ; where theirs came down to genuine attacking flair

Lot of whining about conspiracy theories again

Was gutted we lost ; in fact more so than missing out on euros for some reason : but very proud of the oerformance