Hillsborough Parking Tips - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hillsborough Parking Tips

Parking very near the ground can be a problem but there's a fair bit of on-street once you get a short distance away. On the opposite side of the main road is a resideential area (across the park) where you'll find somewhere.

Don't cross the park though as you'll likely have to clamber over the fence to get outthe other side!

Hoping to go to a Midweek game when Sheff Wednesday play Brighton and wondered if anyone had advise on where is good to park. Looked on Football Grounds Guide but wasn't much help.

Penistone Rd leading to Hillsbrough is murder anytime but worse on match days.

As Angus says - get the tram from the station to Leppings Lane which is next to the ground or park up in centre & catch it.

If you must drive go up M1 & approach it from the north where parking is easier.

Up there for work so can pick a hotel, (Must be Premier inn) the ones in the centre charge for parking so might stay out by Meadow Hall and get the Tram as sounds like parking is a bit of a ball ache. 30mins on tram is not too bad I suppose. Looking forward to seeing the Ground and hopefully a good contribution from the Scottish players in show.

Up there for work so can pick a hotel, (Must be Premier inn) the ones in the centre charge for parking so might stay out by Meadow Hall and get the Tram as sounds like parking is a bit of a ball ache. 30mins on tram is not too bad I suppose. Looking forward to seeing the Ground and hopefully a good contribution from the Scottish players in show.

I've only been in it once but must say I was quite impressed with it. Obviously been modernised inside now but the outside areas and surrounding estates definitely gave it a bit of an old school feel to it.

If it has to be Premier Inn I'd seriously consider the one in the city centre (St Mary's Gate).

There's much more life there & it's only £4 for overnight parking.

10min walk to West St then get the tram (yellow line) to Leppings Lane - 15min

The one out at Meadowhall is in the middle of nowhere & even by tram will take you over 45min to get there.

If it has to be Premier Inn I'd seriously consider the one in the city centre (St Mary's Gate).

There's much more life there & it's only £4 for overnight parking.

10min walk to West St then get the tram (yellow line) to Leppings Lane - 15min

The one out at Meadowhall is in the middle of nowhere & even by tram will take you over 45min to get there.

Definitely. You'd be daft staying out round Meadowhall when you could be in town and the tram's a doddle.

The ground itself is a bit tired & in need of major upgrade.

Plans were approved 6yrs ago for £20m+ investment but, mainly due to England's failed bid to host major tournament, work never started.

Wednesday don't have any Scots as far as I'm aware although Brighton have Gordon Greer & Jamie Murphy.

It you're up for few days you'd be better off going to United.

A short stagger from the Premier Inn on St Mary's Gate (loads of pubs round Bramall Lane) & 8 Scottish players in their squad + ex SPL players Higdon, Sammon & Long

Plans were approved 6yrs ago for £20m+ investment but, mainly due to England's failed bid to host major tournament, work never started.

Wednesday don't have any Scots as far as I'm aware although Brighton have Gordon Greer & Jamie Murphy.

A short stagger from the Premier Inn on St Mary's Gate (loads of pubs round Bramall Lane) & 8 Scottish players in their squad + ex SPL players Higdon, Sammon & Long

Barry Bannan plays for Wednesday and there's also young Jack Harper at Brighton.

Barry Bannan plays for Wednesday and there's also young Jack Harper at Brighton.

Not to forget Ross Wallace (Past it these days) and Liam Palmer (Only got one start this season, is he injured or just out of favor?) at Wednesday.

I doubt Jack Harper will be enough for the first team this year according to my Brighton supporting palls.

Aye but there not playing Brighton. I will be in the Away end for this one. United are on my List but I might wait until they are in better fettle that they are currently. Thanks for info on Premier in and Bramall lane, will keep that in mind for future trips.

Edited by kmcca5

Bugger me - aye fair enough.

I believe Wallace & Bannan are recent signings so slipped under my radar :wink2:

Liam Palmer's a local lad - Worksop, so I assumed he was English but see now he had a Scottish grandmother.

I'm usually free Tues evenings so PM me if you fancy a beer before the game.

Bugger me - aye fair enough.

I believe Wallace & Bannan are recent signings so slipped under my radar :wink2:

Liam Palmer's a local lad - Worksop, so I assumed he was English but see now he had a Scottish grandmother.

I'm usually free Tues evenings so PM me if you fancy a beer before the game.

I will indeed, though it may be a fly in watch game and out job depending on Work

Hoping to go to a Midweek game when Sheff Wednesday play Brighton and wondered if anyone had advise on where is good to park. Looked on Football Grounds Guide but wasn't much help.

you can park outside my house,it's on Wordsworth avenue ,53 and 79a buses both stop outside the ground and across the street from me 10 mins on the bus to the ground.