November Friendly/friendlies - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

November Friendly/friendlies

ProudScot

"Friendlies dilute your average."

What average is that?? We've not won a single FIFA ranked competitive game in 2015.

Our coefficient points/FIFA ranking gained from 2015 is shocking.

It is a rolling 12 month period and we have beaten NI and Qatar in 2015 which are FIFA ranked games.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we the only team not to have friendlies arranged between now and September?

No there are a few teams.

However, we are the only country in the FIFA top 80 (who has a manager) not playing in November. Finland and Israel are also not playing but dont have a manager and Bulgaria are having a get together but are also strongly linked to a game with Alabnia.

No there are a few teams.

However, we are the only country in the FIFA top 80 (who has a manager) not playing in November. Finland and Israel are also not playing but dont have a manager and Bulgaria are having a get together but are also strongly linked to a game with Alabnia.

That is astonishing. From a personal point of view I could take or leave a game but you would think Strachan would be desperate to try out players and systems. We failed to qualify afterall and the manner although providing hope threw up questions which have to be adressed ie concession of poor goals and over relyance on one system and certain players. Has he adequately adressed why we are not playing?

Which I guess is my point, Vogts had an okay record in qualifiers but a terrible record in friendlies which just built up the pressure on him that when it started to spill over into qualifiers ultimately did him in.

What's often overlooked with Vogts is that the team he took over was full of auld guys who disappeared all at the same time, leaving him with lots of gaps to fill and no one with any sort of experience to replace them. No wonder he played so many friendlies.

Can't believe Strachan doesn't want a game. How often does he get the chance to work with the players, and here he is not using it? Surely he'll at least have a training weekend?

That is astonishing. From a personal point of view I could take or leave a game but you would think Strachan would be desperate to try out players and systems. We failed to qualify afterall and the manner although providing hope threw up questions which have to be adressed ie concession of poor goals and over relyance on one system and certain players. Has he adequately adressed why we are not playing?

The only thing I read was he said it wouldn't do anything for moral.