Euro Disney Paris- Anyone Been ? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro Disney Paris- Anyone Been ?

booking in June will be more expensive, offers 4 days for price of 2 pop up every so often, thats when we did,

also how old are kids, aged up to 3 are free, oor youngest was 4 on his last day.

all kids are free I think from Jan - March

we went in the October hols as the English and the french were still at School, much quieter, we got on every ride 3-4 times.. longest wait was 15 mins, except for 1, the nemo/turtle ride.

go Monday - Thursday as the French fill the place at weekends, they get an annual pass quite reasonably. and go en masse at the weekends.

we drove from Glasgow to Disney, so cost us around 180 quid in petrol as well., 100 quid for eurotunnel.

4 nights accom, 5 days on park and all travel for around £1000 .

Food is extortionate...seriously 100 quid per night in the park. for family of 5 but there is a huge Mall 3 mins by train away in Val De Europe... but we cooked at our self catering ranch Davy Crocket, and took in pieces and water during the day .

go to Disney web site and check for their YES days.. ( not only for YES voters) but for guid bargains. I booked in January. 4 nights for 2

I think September is another time they do deals.

The thing i loved was we check in Hotel at 3pm, but park pass is available all day that day, so you can go to the reception and get your passes and then go to the park all day . same when you check out, you have to be out hotel for 11, but you can stay in park till it closes 8pm or 10pm depending on time of year. So you effectively get 2 more days in park if you plan correctly.

We got back last night so all still fresh in my head, any specific questions, just ask

it is amazing and I recommend anyone with kids to give it a go.....

Edited by stocky

booking in June will be more expensive, offers 4 days for price of 2 pop up every so often, thats when we did,

also how old are kids, aged up to 3 are free, oor youngest was 4 on his last day.

we went in the October hols as the English and the french were still at School, much quieter, we got on every ride 3-4 times.. longest wait was 15 mins, except for 1, the nemo/turtle ride.

go Monday - Thursday as the French fill the place at weekends, they get an annual pass quite reasonably. and go en masse at the weekends.

we drove from Glasgow to Disney, so cost us around 180 quid in petrol as well., 100 quid for eurotunnel.

Food is extortionate...seriously 100 quid per night in the park. for family of 5 but there is a huge Mall 3 mins by train away in Val De Europe... but we cooked at our self catering ranch Davy Crocket, and took in pieces and water during the day .

go to Disney web site and check for their YES days.. ( not only for YES voters) but for guid bargains. I booked in January. 4 nights for 2

The thing i loved was we check in Hotel at 3pm, but park pass is available all day that day, so you can go to the reception and get your passes and then go to the park all day . same when you check out, you have to be out hotel for 11, but you can stay in park till it closes 8pm or 10pm depending on time of year. So you effectively get 2 more days in park if you plan correctly.

We got back last night so all still fresh in my head, any specific questions, just ask

:ok:

if you book independantly, flights and disney hotel seperately- do you still get access to the park before the general public ?

• 9 months later...
54 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Guy from my work not long back and said large parts of the park were closed down for a pretty extensive refurb.  Might be worth checking before you go.

Yeah they have a schedule online. Only a couple of things marked as closed during the time we are considering.

I took the kids while we were over at the Euros.  Went a few years ago and enjoyed it but it was rubbish this year.  Everything was shut and this was 3rd July - I think of the eight big thrill rides only three were open which meant that the three that were open had queues of almost two hours each.  And so unbelievably, eye-wateringly, wallet-emptying expensive.  

Had a far better time at Port Aventura last year.

2 hours ago, Davied14 said:

Yeah they have a schedule online. Only a couple of things marked as closed during the time we are considering.

We stayed at one of the Eurocamps in a caravan, and drove into Disney a couple of times.  Spent the rest of the week either in the campsite or out driving about the French countryside.  This was a few years ago, (my daughter was 4) but we loved it :ok:

I hate the place every time I go. Usually forced to go and spend a day with various family members who are there with their kids. Always eye wateringly expensive. And you have that small world song in your head for a week after.

It's possibly the most capitalistic thing you'll ever see anywhere in the world. The emotional exploitation of children in order to extract exorbitant amounts of money from weak parents.

And despite all that, now that I have a kid, I kind of look forward to the day she's old enough to go there and see all her heros.

Im knowlingly going to let them mug me off. And ill probably enjoy it.

You are right about being fleeced. Looking at booking the lunch with the Disney princesses (my 5 year old daughter would absolutely love that) and it would cost £164 for the 4 of us but me and the wife basically shrugged our shoulders and said we'd have to do that because that's the kind of thing we want the kids to experience.

I have been to 4 Disney parks , Florida, California, Hong Kong & Paris,  the Paris Disney is by far the worst !!!  -  I would suggest to anyone to save there money and aim for Disney Florida , appreciate it is more expensive in total but the kids will remember that far longer than a trip to Paris Disney.

46 minutes ago, wellyman said:

I have been to 4 Disney parks , Florida, California, Hong Kong & Paris,  the Paris Disney is by far the worst !!!  -  I would suggest to anyone to save there money and aim for Disney Florida , appreciate it is more expensive in total but the kids will remember that far longer than a trip to Paris Disney.

I want to go to Florida once my kids are older (they will be 8 and 5 next year). Basically so I have someone to go on all the roller coasters etc. with me!

1 hour ago, Davied14 said:

I want to go to Florida once my kids are older (they will be 8 and 5 next year). Basically so I have someone to go on all the roller coasters etc. with me!

I can still remember the looks on my kids faces when we were there , they were a bit older than yours  [8 & 10] but they loved it , you have to hand it to the Americans they are top when it comes to this type of thing.  When you go into the park with the countries of the world , there is the UK area that has a pub  [the rose and crown]  if i remember !! - my boy said lets go in and see if they do fish & chips which they did and were quite good, while in there he was asked if he would like to exchange his football top 4 times by other kids from different parts of the world , he held on to his top and was surprised to find his team was world famous although i had told him that for years.

Go have a good time you will not regret it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26 August 2016 at 0:03 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Just got back after a fantastic few days. We got a good deal which meant all the food we ate was free. The kids had a wonderful time, the weather was stunning and id certainly recommend it as a family holiday. 

But it wouldn't be 'free' surely?