Euro Disney Paris- Anyone Been ? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro Disney Paris- Anyone Been ?

Just done the Magic Kingdom in Orlando and have to say I thought it was pretty poor in comparison to Universal. Having said that I think if you have young kids the real fun will be watching them have the time of their lives. But mine are both teenagers and a 6ft dancing mouse doesn't do it for them, whereas a scary-ass roller coaster does.

Looking to take the family to euro disney paris, end of june / first week in july,

Anyone been before ?

Can they reccomend a travel company?

I've been 4 or 5 times.

I've always booked the hotel direct with Disney and got the flights separately. There is a bus that goes from CDG to the Disney hotels, but we always got the TGV instead since you are there in 12 minutes rather than sitting for an hour on a bus.

Disney occasionally do deals where you get a couple of nights free or kids under 12 go free, so it's worth checking their site.

Having said that, it's not a patch on the 'real thing' in Anaheim or Orlando.

I booked through Disneyparis and stayed in the Cheyenne, probably could have got cheaper staying with at a non Disney hotel but as we were at one of the Disney ones you got in at 8am instead of 10am for the public which made a massive difference for queues for rides and meeting characters.

Was there for 4 nights just before Christmas last year and the kids had a ball

I'm going to Orlando next year so will go along to Disney world with my nephew.

I'd advise you to do at least a couple of days at Universal too. Loved it. And it caters for all ages, from Dr Seuss-age upwards. It's also much, much cheaper than Disney. IMO the best ride is Harry Potter, and the re-created Harry Potter village is outstanding.

I'd advise you to do at least a couple of days at Universal too. Loved it. And it caters for all ages, from Dr Seuss-age upwards. It's also much, much cheaper than Disney. IMO the best ride is Harry Potter, and the re-created Harry Potter village is outstanding.

I actually went to Florida in the summer, went to Universal but theres still loads to do over there! Looking forward to going to the other park.

The Gringrotts ride was my favourite.

Edited by Pete Gas

I'm off to Orlando on Friday :)

Food and WIne Festival at Epcot. Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom and then Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom a couple of weeks later. Happy times!!

Don't want to put a downer on it lol, and others may disagree, but wasn't that impressed by the Food and Wine Festival. Each of the countries puts forward one main course and one sweet and drink. There are restaurants - the Canadian steak house was $40 a steak. Eventually found something to eat in the Moroccan restaurant, but think that's a permanent feature.

I am just back earlier tonight... spend 4 night and 5 days .. its pretty awesome really.

I will give a few tips if u wish,

we paid 720 quid..... self catering. took our own pieces in every day

food is a rip off

ate out on last night, me and wife had burger and chips, kids had a kids meal.(3... a wee ice cream sundae to end with 100 quid.... that was a cheap restaurant..

will post more tmrro.....

Been 3 times unlikely to be back as kids a bit older and looking to do Florida in next few years.

If we had gone back we'd have seriously considered getting accommodation away from the parks or the hotels 'by the parks' where we have stayed before.

I'd look into seeing if there is any accommodation in Val D'Europe. We noticed that courtesy buses to the parks ran to/from there so presumably there is. There is a large indoor shopping mall there as well an outlet shopping place and other shops/restaurants. We picked up some Disney souvenirs in the huge supermarket in the mall at much reduced prices - also a good place to pick up snacks and drinks for your room at non rip off prices.

Eating in the Disney village is very expensive but some do meal deals at certain times.

B, we took the kids last year. They absolutely loved it. As others have maybe mentioned better value is to book flights and the stay separate. We flew easyjet and stayed at a disney hotel, worked out better as tickets to park were cheaper.we booked a meal package as well as it meant kids met all the characters every day at meals. Took my wee girl to princess restaurant for her birthday, her wee face was tears to eyes stuff.

Also we booked a taxi that came and picked us up at the airport, was worth the money imo

I've stayed in Disney and also in a wee town just down from it called Magny Le Hongre and TBH I preferred the non Disney self catering.

It was a hotel we stayed in but it's all up and downstairs houses.We booked it for 10 nights and only went to Disney for 4 which meant we got a break from the park.

Magny has a pub,small supermarket ,bakers,chemist,restaurant,pizza shop and bank.Val de Europe is a short bus ride away if you want to go to a large supermarket.The bus stops right outside the hotel/complex.

If you could go in October then you should avoid queuing to get on the rides,try and not go on a Saturday either because that's when the French tend to use it.

If you decide to go self catering then check out the FNAC website for deals on tickets,You can buy them online and pick up in any of their shops in Paris(they're like a HMV)