Heathrow Connection Time - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Heathrow Connection Time

Newryrep

Folks is 1h 5 min realistically too tight for terminal 2 connection fly in from continent and looking to make a domestic both in terminal 2

Heathrow website says 60 mins minimum

I did Edinburgh to Heathrow out to Faro and via Gatwick on way back.

Both in 1 hour in the same terminals at both airports but the way back was tight because you had to go out/in security again. Also add in possible minor flight delays - even 10 or 15 mins and that could be tricky.

On the way out from Edinburgh, the check girl seemed to think it was tight also but more so for my suitcase transfer (which turned out to be fine).

I think next time I'd try and err on the side of caution though.

PS 1 hr 15 mins probably ok unless you get delayed.

Edited by fringo

Folks is 1h 5 min realistically too tight for terminal 2 connection fly in from continent and looking to make a domestic both in terminal 2

Heathrow website says 60 mins minimum

if your luggage is booked through and you have your onward boarding pass maybe just make it

lads it was austrian airlines back from Sarajevo/Vienna trying to make a BA into Belfast. I have booked the 630 flight as the 15.30 was too tight, it was just as well as I thought they were both Terminal 2 turns out the BA flight is outa Terminal 5 . Have only 3 hours to kill

on a side note you cant checkin online on a BA flight until 24 hours before departure ? - what is this the dark ages

• 2 weeks later...

lads it was austrian airlines back from Sarajevo/Vienna trying to make a BA into Belfast. I have booked the 630 flight as the 15.30 was too tight, it was just as well as I thought they were both Terminal 2 turns out the BA flight is outa Terminal 5 . Have only 3 hours to kill

on a side note you cant checkin online on a BA flight until 24 hours before departure ? - what is this the dark ages

You can checkin early but they want some £ for the privilege.

Do it all on your mobile, easy peasy with their app.

J

You can checkin early but they want some £ for the privilege.

Do it all on your mobile, easy peasy with their app.

J

Easy jet is 30 days and their boarding passes are idiot proof which is reasonable ba can piss off if they think I am paying for the privilege

Easy jet is 30 days and their boarding passes are idiot proof which is reasonable ba can piss off if they think I am paying for the privilege

You can't pay to check-in early with BA.

It's 24-hours for everyone.

The BA-app really is idiot proof though. Install it before you go and it'll take 20 seconds using some free wi-fi somewhere.

Why don't all the old scheduled airlines have the 30 days grace ? Even Ryanair are a week

Croation airlines the same online checkin 24 hours before flight prefer not to leave it to the last minute to be scrambling around trying to print or download passes

Have enough time for all three checkin anyway but still