Sicily - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sicily

malky24

Anyone know anything about a ferry to Egypt that leaves at midnight? I'm sure I heard Graeme McPherson going on about it.

I've been trying to look forward day trips etc over to one of the North African countries but can't really see anything

That's madness.

I've been done ?

Edited by DoonTheSlope

We're planning on Sicily ferry to Malta. Not really looked into it yet but what swung it for us was meeting a Scotland supporter in a bar in Vilamoura who said all SSC members who do this route were guaranteed a ticket to all the campaign matches, including a free one for Wembley.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at flying to Rome - have a day there - then train to Naples or Salerno - overnight ferry to Sicily - followed by another ferry to Malta. Fly back to Newcastle from Malta via London.

John

As part of our summer hols next year, we've booked into the Hotel Olimpico in Salerno for a few nights - its on the outskirts but has free shuttle buses to/from town to there. I'm sure the pool and private beach would suit a man with your requirements ............. they apparently serve ice cream!

Maybe worth a look, as they also do shuttles to suit the ferry timings?

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at the option of (motor)biking it doon til Livorno and ferrying it til Palermo and then ferrying it on til Malta. l'm fairly near decided aboot this, just not sure if any o my laddies fancy joining me for the run. Could hook up wae anybody else that's daft enough on the way doon through France/Italy?

I've done a day trip from Malta to Sicily many years ago. 2 hours each way via fast catamaran. Bus at the end took us to Mt Etna, Taormina and Catania. Probably best trip I've ever done on holiday.

But I'm not sure how iit might fit in on a TA trip as you'd need to be disciplined to get up very early as it was something like a 20 hour round trip from the hotel.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

• 5 months later...
On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 11:01 PM, malky24 said:

The price for the two hour ferry trip from Southern Sicily to Valletta appears to be around 50 return

Where are you getting that price from, the cheapest I can find is E.120! Maybe it gets a lot more expensive in the summer?

• 1 month later...

Just booked.Glasgow to Scicily on 31st. 6 nights in hotel. flight to valletta early on game day. 1 night in apartment. Back to Scicily on Sunday and flights back to Glasgow on tuesday. Couple of stopovers there and back. Total £495 which is no bad for late booking