Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox? - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox?

Dunty

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. We just have bigger and better university's which were at the time infiltrated with English freshers right at the start of the new term

I suggest you look up the university rankings then and look where Glasgow Uni and Strathclyde uni are on comparison to those in the North East. I also suggest you look at the sizes of each university in terms of student numbers.

Any more excuses?

I suggest you look up the university rankings then and look where Glasgow Uni and Strathclyde uni are on comparison to those in the North East. I also suggest you look at the sizes of each university in terms of student numbers.

Any more excuses?

Aye but Glasgow is full off bams on buckie that don't know if they're needing a shite or a haircut

Double the amount of people in Glasgow voted no than in Aberdeen.

(At least) Double the amount of people do anything in Glasgow versus Aberdeen due to Aberdeen being a tiny insignifant fishing village on steroids in comparison.

Edited by thplinth

More than 3 times voted Yes in Glasgow in comparison to Aberdeen though.

In fact it's close to 4 times.

Yes, but I was answering the point that people in Aberdeen "shat it".

Well more than double the amount of Glaswegians "shat it", so point the finger at them first.

In this campaign we played at all three, so after experiencing an international at all three Glasgow grounds - which was your favourite?

For me, Ibrox won based on location, mainly it was easier to get there and back.

I don't think there was much difference between all three in terms of atmosphere or facilities.

Anyone who went to all the games and doesnt choose Hampden needs their heads looked at. Best atmosphere was Hampden for the Poland and Germany games. Ibrox was badly in need of a dust and lick of paint. Parkhead was ok but just wasnt as good as Hampden. To say Ibrox won is astounding. It was dire.

Yes, but I was answering the point that people in Aberdeen "shat it".

Well more than double the amount of Glaswegians "shat it", so point the finger at them first.

Ok a higher percentage of Aberdeen shat it therefore you are more likely to bump into a shitebag there than you would in Yes voting cities like Glasgow or Dundee.

Dress it however you want almost 3 out every 5 folk you meet in Aberdeen decided Scotland was too small, too stupid and not able to be independent.

Ok a higher percentage of Aberdeen shat it therefore you are more likely to bump into a shitebag there than you would in Yes voting cities like Glasgow or Dundee.

Dress it however you want almost 3 out every 5 folk you meet in Aberdeen decided Scotland was too small, too stupid and not able to be independent.

Agreed, Aberdeen was on the winning side and Glasgow lost.

Can't understand all the moaning about transport to Hampden. Buses 4'5'6'7'12'75 all pass the stadium from the city centre. Cathcart kings park and mount florida train stations are within 10 minute walk.

You ever tried to get a bus after a game? Train queues are ridiculous and you are treated like shite.

Can't understand all the moaning about transport to Hampden. Buses 4'5'6'7'12'75 all pass the stadium from the city centre. Cathcart kings park and mount florida train stations are within 10 minute walk.

They'd be more useful if any of them passed within 150 miles of my house.

How many different train stations are there in Glasgow' and her environs?

Now how many in Edinburgh?

How many in Aberdeen?

Ohhh that's right they only have minky bus network and no subway.

I mean no subway FFS... surprised they are allowed to claim city status really. Especially Aberdeen.

Walk to Kings Park or Cathcart - Cathcart is a ten-minute walk (max.) and you won't find any queues (four trains per hour to Central).

Correct. Never had to wait at cathcart and even get a seat on the train. I still don't understand people queong for hours to get back to the city centre when they could walk to another train station or just walk into town or shawlanda where they're is more transport options

How many different train stations are there in Glasgow' and her environs?

Now how many in Edinburgh?

How many in Aberdeen?

Ohhh that's right they only have minky bus network and no subway.

I mean no subway FFS... surprised they are allowed to claim city status really. Especially Aberdeen.

You weren't even funny the first time.

We didn't even have the foresight to bid on our own instead of the clear desperation we displayed by teaming up with the Irish.

May as well have teamed up with the Faroe Islands.

Thanks Mr McConnell.... Plum.

Bidding on our own wouldn't have made any difference considering the bid essentially was Scotland on its own anyway, with Ireland offering one city and two stadiums.

If you recall, David Taylor had us believing it was neck and neck between us and Austria/Switzerland. In truth, our bid didn't even make it to the final four that were put to a vote.

It was Austria/Switzerland, Hungary, Greece/Turkey and a four-way Nordic bid. Only one was a solo bid so the actual notion of bidding by ourselves giving us more of a chance wasn't really true. Interestingly, Russia didn't make the final four either.

Not only did we not have the stadiums, we didn't have the training facilities to host 15 nations. The Germans go to a major tournament and book (or even build) their own state of the art training camp. They, and most nations probably, would have ended up basing themselves in England which would have been a bit embarrassing.

We also didn't have the transport links (relying on Scotrail would have been a laugh) and essentially the whole tournament would have been held in just four cities.

Was in truth a joke of a bid we put forward.