Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden, Parkhead Or Ibrox?

Dunty

In this campaign we played at all three, so after experiencing an international at all three Glasgow grounds - which was your favourite?

For me, Ibrox won based on location, mainly it was easier to get there and back.

I don't think there was much difference between all three in terms of atmosphere or facilities.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only went to Hampden - boycotted the Gibraltar game due to ticket prices and Celtic Park is too inaccessible.

I used to be a staunch defender of Hampden but it has had its day unless the East and West stands can be replaced and brought closer to the pitch (and there's very little chance of that happening).

Edited by Charlie Endell

Hampden wins.

Parkhead's restricted view seats and massive potholes plus poor lighting outside gives it significant points off.

It was good to be able to walk to the West End from Ibrox and the family fan zone was a nice touch. But I'd rather go to Queens Park's ground than Rangers'.

I only went to Hampden - boycotted the Gibraltar game due to ticket prices and Celtic Park is too inaccessible.

I used to be a staunch defender of Hampden but it has had its day unless the East and West stands can be replaced and brought closer to the pitch (and there's very little chance of that happening).

This, sadly.

Compared to the Millenium Stadium and the new Wembley, Hampden was re-developed on the cheap. Missed opportunity in terms of knocking the whole thing to the ground and bringing the stands in a la Parkhead or Tynecastle.

This, sadly.

Compared to the Millenium Stadium and the new Wembley, Hampden was re-developed on the cheap. Missed opportunity in terms of knocking the whole thing to the ground and bringing the stands in a la Parkhead or Tynecastle.

The sight lines behind the goals are terrible - that and the two-mile trek to the karzis if you're near the front - not sure who thought it would be acceptable to go ahead with a cheap conversion like that.

The sight lines behind the goals are terrible - that and the two-mile trek to the karzis if you're near the front - not sure who thought it would be acceptable to go ahead with a cheap conversion like that.

Would it be the SFA?

I think we should hire a seasoned sports entrepreneur to assess the performance of the SFA and recommend a course of corrective action.

Someone like Barry Hearn who knows all about optimizing a sport and developing it. I wonder what he would say...

One of my first thoughts after the Poland game would we have had more chance at Celtic park? Better atmosphere etc, more intimidating.

I agree the issue of hampden needs looked at. Either we bring in the east and west or bulldoze, and alternate between CP, ibrox, Aberdeen and Easter rd. Needs sorted sooner rather than later.

One of my first thoughts after the Poland game would we have had more chance at Celtic park? Better atmosphere etc, more intimidating.

I agree the issue of hampden needs looked at. Either we bring in the east and west or bulldoze, and alternate between CP, ibrox, Aberdeen and Easter rd. Needs sorted sooner rather than later.

These aren't wee boys they are grown men professional footballers some playing for the biggest clubs, a few extra thousand Scots at Parkhead aren't going to intimidate then

Another thing, look how the Welsh went about moving from the millennium stadium. They recognised there was a problem and sought an alternative. I just don't think we can say "ah but it's our national historic stadium" blah etc anymore because it's hardly been a fortress these last few years. We should be doing everything to gain an advantage.

If anything, 2 games at Celtic Park was enough to make me appreciate games at Hampden again, as for a couple of years I often thought a change of scenery would be good....

Ibrox was ok, but did not enjoy Celtic Park.

Hampden is home and happy to stay there rather than some soul less IKEA monstrosity built on a green field site in the middle of nowhere.

Another thing, look how the Welsh went about moving from the millennium stadium. They recognised there was a problem and sought an alternative.

Because they were getting less than 10000 crowds in a massive stadium and realised it was a waste of money so moved to a tiny stadium to suit their tiny crowd.