Sliema To Stadium Return - Page 3 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sliema To Stadium Return

DeeRus

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone - all who've posted, have their requests included in the updated running total of 94 seats
I've emailed a bar in Sliema, which looks a decent meeting point as its on a main road and the buses could pick up/drop us off there, to see if they're up for being used as the meeting point.
I've positioned it in terms of, if they are wanting our custom:
  • Can they comfortably cope with circa 150 thirsty Scotsmen and women and keep the drinks flowing with minimal waiting time to get served
  • On the basis of the buses dropping off back there, at circa 22.15/22.30, again are they going to be staffed up to cope with the demand
  • What time would they be open till or if its to suit our needs, to what time CAN they open till
Again, to be transparent, I’ve suggested that whilst some people making arrangements for around 150 people, might be looking for a fee to put this business their way (in addition of drinks promos etc), that it would be more suitable if they made any offer, as a donation to a chosen charity, instead of a personal payment – if any payment is offered, I would be asking them to make the payment directly to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal.
Hope the work on a meeting point works out but just as importantly, that everyone can see (that like the coaches), there is no personal gain for anyone involved :ok:
Paul

I've had an initial reply from the bar and (unsurprisingly) they are very interested on hosting us!!!

They've made a few suggestions including putting on food and to quote them "I will offer free food -- but not just nibbles like peanuts -- i mean proper food like pizza, wings, spring rolls , onion rings etccc -- (pub food )"

I've told them to stick it, cause tour rules still apply ............. eatin's cheatin :yikes3:

Only kidding - I've let them know we can discuss and agree the exact details during the summer and confirm everything after that.

Paul

I've had an initial reply from the bar and (unsurprisingly) they are very interested on hosting us!!!

They've made a few suggestions including putting on food and to quote them "I will offer free food -- but not just nibbles like peanuts -- i mean proper food like pizza, wings, spring rolls , onion rings etccc -- (pub food )"

I've told them to stick it, cause tour rules still apply ............. eatin's cheatin :yikes3:

Only kidding - I've let them know we can discuss and agree the exact details during the summer and confirm everything after that.

Paul

Sounding good.

Paul brilliant effort but can I ask one thing if they can clarify will kids (15yrs old) be welcome before and after the game cheers

I asked if there any licensing issues regarding children on the premises and if so, is this also affected by the time of day etc?
Their reply was “No nothing at all - children and teenagers can stay inside the bar till whatever time they like” ................. however its not a babysitting service and I'm pretty sure they're expecting an adult to be with them :wave:

I asked if there any licensing issues regarding children on the premises and if so, is this also affected by the time of day etc?

Their reply was No nothing at all - children and teenagers can stay inside the bar till whatever time they like ................. however its not a babysitting service and I'm pretty sure they're expecting an adult to be with them :wave:

That's great paul cheers??? and I'm sure there will be about 150 babysitters I will tie a label round his neck with return flight details so someone can drop him off at airport in time for flight home ???????

To confirm, all who've requested seats, your request is confirmed :ok:

As it stands, with those who've posted on here and those I'm travelling with, that's a running total of 120 :yikes3:

This leaves 39 seats available from the three, 53 seater coaches, that have been reserved.

I have no plans to run anymore than this and for this reason, I will not be running a reserve list ................. as one of the discount supermarkets would say, "When they're gone, they're gone"

Paul

Paul,

I may require two additional seats (so 4 in total) but not sure just as of yet. Am I okay to reserve for now or is it final final? :shocked:

No problem

This leaves 37 seats available