Wanky Phrases - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

I had an interview the day, and had nae idea what the was speaking about - walked oot.

Have always wanted to do that. Interviewers who introduce trick questions are clueless. Interviews are for getting the most out of people - not seeing who copes best with unanswerable questions.

One said to me - you have a phone book, a pen, and a phone - how do you contact a customer?

Me: Look them up in the phone book, write down the number and call them.

Still don't know what he expected.

Have always wanted to do that. Interviewers who introduce trick questions are clueless. Interviews are for getting the most out of people - not seeing who copes best with unanswerable questions.

One said to me - you have a phone book, a pen, and a phone - how do you contact a customer?

Me: Look them up in the phone book, write down the number and call them.

Still don't know what he expected.

Those types of gimmicky interview techniques are a load of pish.

An interview is for finding out if the person has the skills and experience you need and whether or not you could work with them.

Once walked out of an interview when I realised the agency had sent me for a job I wasn't qualified for. Got on well with the guy who interviewed me and months later got a call from him to come in for an interview on a job I was qualified for.

Didn't go as had already got a better job but it proves some folk are decent.

People who post pictures of food or tag themselves in restaurants and write 'nom nom nom'

Just shut the up with your nom nom nom pish.

:-)) I like that

"In the realms of"

At work we have no problems - just challenges, no it's a problem when the boss cannot make a decision,

A short term focus group - ask a Few people what they think about the idea.

Company policy ! Usually used when they do not have the answer, a suitable response is - that is your policy not mine !

At work we have no problems - just challenges, no it's a problem when the boss cannot make a decision,

A short term focus group - ask a Few people what they think about the idea.

Company policy ! Usually used when they do not have the answer, a suitable response is - that is your policy not mine !

A bit of brainstorming required at times like that.

You must be a nightmare at the kirk...

Leave me out of it :(

Dinner/tea - well said, that's one of mine. Feels just plane wrong with me if someone mentions dinner as their tea.

Edinburgh folk (aka "posh twat tories") annoy me in this respect a lot.

Breakfast lunch and dinner thats how it goes. Anyone who says dinner for lunch and tea for dinner should be shot. Tea is a drink!

I was once told not to use that phrase. It's a "thought shower" you're supposed to say these days apparently...

Heard that before but pushing myself at it here, who would actually use that.

For me at work it has to be

"One team" because quite frankly we are not and the management don't give a about us.

All the PC changes like Christmas lights being "festive lights" or some shit.