Wanky Phrases - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

I once ended up there by accident when I was heading to Garrowhill and got on one of the 'express' trains unaware that the first stop was Sunnyside - like Summerston, another inappropriately named place.

To be fair it is preceded with the word "Coatbridge" so the warning is right there!!

Is the Garngad near Haghill? Drove through it once, and all I saw were Irish tri-colours.

Is the Garngad not Royston :unsure: ? It was the same when I drove through - the M8 was a car park one Sunday so I headed off piste to keep moving.

Big Derek (Jez's mate) is from the Garngad - now lives in Rouken Glen so he made good.

Edit: The Garngad (it is now Royston) appears to be on the other side of the M8 from Haghill.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Is the Garngad not Royston :unsure: ? It was the same when I drove through - the M8 was a car park one Sunday so I headed off piste to keep moving.

Big Derek (Jez's mate) is from the Garngad - now lives in Rouken Glen so he made good.

Edit: The Garngad (it is now Royston) appears to be on the other side of the M8 from Haghill.

Garngad,Germiston, same place

No that wasn't it....

After a day on the piss at my cousin's golf club in Pumpherston, I once got the slow train back from Uphall to Glasgow Queen Street via some weird and wonderful places that I had previously never heard of and which took over an hour. I had to get off at High Street and go to a pub over the road for a pish because ScotRail had omitted to provide a public convenience on said train and I simply could not make that extra one stop.

I also therefore had to buy another pint because simply going in and out of a pub for a piss is very rude, in my opinion.

I imagine your mythical place was on that route.

I used to get the train from Hamilton Central to Argyll Street when I went to uni and, to this day, still don't really know where "Newton" is. Near the Scandinavianly sounding Drumsagaard, I understand.

Anyway. I'm taking over the thread with my trainspotting. This is about wanky phrases. Apologies.

Is the Garngad near Haghill? Drove through it once, and all I saw were Irish tri-colours.

The Garngad is the Royston area.

I know folk from Blackhill and Townhead who said they were from the Garngad.

Used to be a big slogan of Free Garngad on a wall but that got knocked down years ago.

Ma Granny used to live in Townhead and always said she was from the Garngad.

Edited by jock strap

The Garngad is the Royston area.

I know folk from Blackhill and Townhead who said they were from the Garngad.

Used to be a big slogan of Free Garngad on a wall but that got knocked down years ago.

Ma Granny used to live in Townhead and always said she was from the Garngad.

Do you know where about she lived in townhead and how long ago