Wanky Phrases - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

On 22/02/2016 at 8:28 AM, derekfaejapan said:

People who pronounce 'ask/asked' as 'axe/axed'. I have wondered before if some people do it deliberately or they genuinely don't know how to pronounce it properly.

If it's deliberate then it's probably a sign of low intelligence.

On 22/02/2016 at 9:01 AM, Parklife said:

Rappers do that :lol: 

My favourite one, which is a bit similar, is folk pronouncing "asterisk" as "asterix" 

On 22/02/2016 at 9:32 AM, derekfaejapan said:

Aye, but I mean folk in general...Tends to be more black people who do it and it just sounds stupid!

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/12/03/248515217/why-chaucer-said-ax-instead-of-ask-and-why-some-still-do

9 hours ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Footsoldiers.

On tour.

Or people saying "I'm doing Slovakia and Malta". No you're going to them you arsehole, you're not a fecking rock star doing a tour.

Hello.

I've been away.

Are you new?

And this new board is shite.

12 hours ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Footsoldiers.

On tour.

Or people saying "I'm doing Slovakia and Malta". No you're going to them you arsehole, you're not a fecking rock star doing a tour.

The same folk normally are the ones to come out with "I don't really have a club team, i just support Scotland" 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

The same folk normally are the ones to come out with "I don't really have a club team, i just support Scotland" 

I have 2 options when I get asked by people down here who I support (normally is it Rangers or Celtic?)- I can sometimes do the above just for simplicity - but I prefer to puzzle people and tell them Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.

3 hours ago, irnbruman said:

I have 2 options when I get asked by people down here who I support (normally is it Rangers or Celtic?)- I can sometimes do the above just for simplicity - but I prefer to puzzle people and tell them Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.

'St Mirren' works just as well. 

I was just reminded on the radio of one I hate. People who talk about consuming things that you don't actually eat. "The way we consume music/lesiure/sport is changing". Top level (Edit: swear filter took over at this point)

Edited by Huddersfield

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

I was just reminded on the radio of one I hate. People who talk about consuming things that you don't actually eat. "The way we consume music/lesiure/sport is changing". Top level (Edit: swear filter took over at this point)

'Devouring books', twats.

• 3 weeks later...

Only just noticed this thread. Good to know I'm not alone in getting annoyed at pointless shite. 

Must admit I'm terrible for calling people 'mate' or occasionally 'm8'. I only noticed recently when someone I was speaking to called me 'mate' four or five times.  I mentioned it to the other half who looked at my like I was a complete tit, before pointing out I do it on a daily basis :)

Anyway I'll add a new one. New parents who come out with pish like, 'once you add a child into the mix...'. Just off and die you utter utter #####!!!!