Wanky Phrases - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

After Thistle kicked up a stink yesterday about only getting 2 home games against the old firm I am seeing the w*nkiest of all w*nky phrases getting thrown about by deluded Rangers fans:

'The Blue Coin'

Used by Rangers fans to describe the money they kindly donate to teams smaller and less financially fortunate than they are. 

6 hours ago, Garywag said:

After Thistle kicked up a stink yesterday about only getting 2 home games against the old firm I am seeing the w*nkiest of all w*nky phrases getting thrown about by deluded Rangers fans:

'The Blue Coin'

Used by Rangers fans to describe the money they kindly donate to teams smaller and less financially fortunate than they are. 

The money that they failed to pay their bills with under Craig Whyte would be a more apt description.

On 6/18/2016 at 7:19 PM, Garywag said:

'The Blue Coin'

I follow/read loads of Rangers stuff online and I've never seen that mentioned before...Wouldn't surprise me though!

On 6/17/2016 at 9:38 AM, Return of Yermaw said:

bae as in babe? who is Yo Yo?

"BAE" is an acronym for "before anyone else", i believe. 

One that gets on my tits is when a football commentator will save that the 'keeper "just about kept it out" when the 'keeper has actually saved it.

No "just about" about it, ya dobber, he fecking saved it! 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

"BAE" is an acronym for "before anyone else", i believe. 

One that gets on my tits is when a football commentator will save that the 'keeper "just about kept it out" when the 'keeper has actually saved it.

No "just about" about it, ya dobber, he fecking saved it! 

Like "near miss" it was a near hit really!

11 hours ago, phart said:

nah near is probably a designate of distance and miss is what happened.

Also your complaint sounds suspiciously like a George Carlin routine ;)

Haha I' actually said it before I had ever heard of him, but he does it a lot better than me.

22 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Anything anybody from marketing says can fukk off!

(that has a marketing ring to it)

Has anyone ever met someone who works in marketing that isn't a complete winker?

Edited by Regenmann

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM, derekfaejapan said:

I follow/read loads of Rangers stuff online and I've never seen that mentioned before...Wouldn't surprise me though!

Never heard oh the blue coin however the phrase "the blue pound" is oft quoted.

I've always considered it to be like the pink pound but less camp and more proddy.

12 hours ago, neil r said:

Never heard oh the blue coin however the phrase "the blue pound" is oft quoted.

I've always considered it to be like the pink pound but less camp and more proddy.

I just read it on a shared Facebook post, maybe just one person who used coin instead of pound, I have seen the pound thrown around too and its just as w*nky to be fair!!!!

38 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

"it's been an amazing journey" when referring to a couple of years doing a dull job in an office.

"am looking forward to the next chapter" ahead of taking up a new dull job in a different office.

'I'm looking forward to pursuing fresh challenges' = I've just been paid off and I'm going to buy an even bigger telly to watch Cash in the Attic and Bargain Hunt on while my sense of purpose rapidly diminishes to nothing