Wanky Phrases - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

24 minutes ago, neilser said:

'Incoming'

I take my kids to the cinema a lot and virtually every trailer for an animated film has a clip of some furry gimp or other yelling 'Incoming!' at one point. Utterly predictable and tedious.

Aye. My Mrs is sick of that term also. Usually preceded by "Brace yersel' lassie!"

It's on my bucket list ... just fukn die and spare us the details please

The Olympic Park here in Rio is buzzing - bollocks the venues are 3/4 empty - lucky if there were 100 people watching the 34 mile cycling time trial today

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"No offence but.." [Just before someone says something which isn't the least bit offensive but you wish it was because it might just make what they're about to say interesting]

"With the greatest of respect..." Always annoying. No buts.

"If you could let me finish" No! You're being stultifyingly dull. If I don't interrupt you my heart might stop beating.

Anything on Facebook. I heard someone actually say "lol" in the pub a few weeks back. Christ.

Oh, and anybody who says "MaccyDs" doesn't deserve to live.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Let's run this up the flagpole and see if it flies "   We don't have a feckin flagpole it's no Buck hoose !!

Can I just run something past you ?          NAW JIST ####IN TELL ME !!

" I'd like to get everyone on board with this "............Is this an office or a feckin ship ??

OFF WI YER TRANSATLANTIC PSYCHOBABBLE !!

15 minutes ago, MacTaz said:

Drives me fekin nuts !!

:D 

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Hey, you've got a steering wheel on your pants."

The pirate says, "Arrrr, I know. It's driving me nuts."

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

:D 

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Hey, you've got a steering wheel on your pants."

The pirate says, "Arrrr, I know. It's driving me nuts."

Amateur

A British bush pilot is flying on a job through the Australian outback when he encounters engine problems and is forced to make a crash landing. He survives, but is found unconscious and is taken to a local mission hospital which is run by the Sisters of Mercy. Upon awakening, he is greeted by the mother superior who advises him where he is and asks if there is anything he wants. He replies, "I am a bit thirsty...could I have a cup of tea?" to which the mother superior says, "I'm terribly sorry, but our supply truck is late and we are out of regular tea. However, we do have a sort of native drink that is brewed from koala hides." the pilot thinks awhile and replies, "Well, I just have to have my cuppa...you can bring me that, thanks."

The nun leaves and returns in a few minutes with a steaming cup. The pilot takes the cup gratefully, but upon taking a sip, instantly gags and spits it out. "This tea is filled with hair!", he exclaims disgustedly.

"Oh, I'm dreadfully sorry!" The nun replies, "I forgot to tell you: The koala tea of Mercy is not strained!"

Will probably be shot down in flames for this contribution  as I suppose it is at least good manners but it irriates me when folk say 'thank you SO much' even when you have done very little to help. Younger folk in particular seem to say it, I just feel it can sound insincere. Dont know what is wrong with 'thanks ya old boot'. 

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Will probably be shot down in flames for this contribution  as I suppose it is at least good manners but it irriates me when folk say 'thank you SO much' even when you have done very little to help. Younger folk in particular seem to say it, I just feel it can sound insincere. Dont know what is wrong with 'thanks ya old boot'. 

Have a nice day, now.