People V Carmichael 9 Nov 2015 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

People V Carmichael 9 Nov 2015

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What a waste of money.

If they lose their houses, then so be it, that is their choice. They voted for the guy in the first instance.

Shame that trying to hold to account the Secretary of State for Scotland for lying through his teeth and wasting your and my taxes on a needless inquiry is seen to be a waste of money. Shame Carmichael hasn't done the decent thing and resigned. Shame if we bleat about lack of integrity in politics and then walk away from ordinary folk who are putting their homes on the line by trying to do something about it.

He's their MP So it would appear his constituents did.

But did these particular people vote for him or was it a majority of other people who voted him in.

Your reference to them losing their homes because they voted for him led me to believe they actually voted for him.

I'm only asking if they, the ones possibly losing their homes, actually voted for him.

Probably, they feckin' love a Lib Dem out there!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/S14000051

Carmichael only won in May 2015 by 817 votes. Would they have been minded NOT to vote for him if they knew he'd organised Frenchgate ? If only 450 of them had voted SNP he'd have lost. Also, it's understood the SNP were actually ahead in Shetland but "lost" Orkney.

As I've said before, the two guys who'll be most raging at Carmichael's Jack Bstd lying behaviour are Tavish SCott & Liam McArthur. Undoubtedly, they'll also be on the receiving end of an anti-Libdum backlash in May 216.

Also, did MUNDELL know/approve ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/S14000051

Carmichael only won in May 2015 by 817 votes. Would they have been minded NOT to vote for him if they knew he'd organised Frenchgate ? If only 450 of them had voted SNP he'd have lost. Also, it's understood the SNP were actually ahead in Shetland but "lost" Orkney.

As I've said before, the two guys who'll be most raging at Carmichael's Jack Bstd lying behaviour are Tavish SCott & Liam McArthur. Undoubtedly, they'll also be on the receiving end of an anti-Libdum backlash in May 216.

Also, did MUNDELL know/approve ?

Mundell has failed to say unequivocally that he didn't know. That suggests he did but hopes it won't be proved. Of course if they just released the original memo with distribution list the truth would be revealed, so it will never be released.

Excuse my ignorance but is the announcement likely to be decisive? Will it either be:

- election result stands

- Carmichael stripped of his win and by-election held

Or is there a 3rd, more wishy-washy outcome on the table?