Kanous Or Villnias ? - Page 2 - Lithuania v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kanous Or Villnias ?

Robroysboy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I've spent many a braw occasion there and think it's a lovely city. I

Kaunas is a complete shithole populated by scumbags. By far the worst place I've ever been following Scotland.

Kaunas is a shithole with absolutely no redeeming features!

I have to admit, I've only been in Kanuas 2 or 3 times a year since 2006. There are lots of places in Kaunas I've not managed to visit so I dont feel as qualified as you others who appear to have been in every part of every street in Kaunas so I bow to your greater knowledge

I have to admit, I've only been in Kanuas 2 or 3 times a year since 2006. There are lots of places in Kaunas I've not managed to visit so I dont feel as qualified as you others who appear to have been in every part of every street in Kaunas so I bow to your greater knowledge

What is it about Kaunas that compels you to visit so regularly?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 10:14 AM, Ally boy 69 said:

Kaunus is the most horrible place I have had the misfortune to visit watching scotland total shit hole.....if I go it will be vilinius with absolute minimum time in Kaunus if that's where the game is played

We spent a couple of days in Vilnius before heading to Kaunus on the day of the game. As a Tartan tourist, Vilnius is one of the best cities I've ever been too, absolutely beautiful place teeming with history. Can't recommend it highly enough.

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 4:25 PM, Bristolhibby said:

We got the busses that were organised back from Vilinus to Kanaus.

Not overly fussed about going. Is it true that their stadium holds something like 9,000?

Ballot for 9 pointers?

J

Unless, you're not keen on going in the home end, I wouldn't worry about getting a ticket. We were on 1 point last time we went, so had to go in the home end. Football isn't even their number one sport (basketball's more their thing), and I can't imagine that they're any more excited about playing us yet again than we are, so I can't see interest in the match being high.

The section we were in last time was 90% Scotland supporters, and I can imagine a similar situation again this time.

• 1 month later...

So, I was back in LT a couple of weeks ago> My wife's pal was getting married. Despite (or because of) it being a 2 day wedding and me having umpteen chances to ask, I never found out where the game would most likely be played. 2 weeks later, I'm back. I stayed at the wife's cousin last night and  asked him where the game would most likely be played. He called his pal (who just happens to play for Zalgiris and the national team) and they both reckon the game will be in Kaunas. 

On 20 June 2016 at 6:09 PM, Capital Saint said:

So, I was back in LT a couple of weeks ago> My wife's pal was getting married. Despite (or because of) it being a 2 day wedding and me having umpteen chances to ask, I never found out where the game would most likely be played. 2 weeks later, I'm back. I stayed at the wife's cousin last night and  asked him where the game would most likely be played. He called his pal (who just happens to play for Zalgiris and the national team) and they both reckon the game will be in Kaunas. 

Find that surprising they've been playing all their qualifiers in Vilnius for the last few years 

Did you get a chance to go near the stadium? Any sign of any upgraded work being carried out as this would be a sign of how serious the Lithuanian FA are about getting the game there (seems to be their beef with the city council and the stadium is over, just a case of getting the stadium into shape).

3 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Whether they get Kaunas up to standard in just over a year seems unlikely , be good for those on lower points though since it's a far bigger stadium . Vilnius is quite nice though , unlike Kaunas 

Though no indication of what the work which will start this autumn will be, the article seem to hint that the LFF will get the stadium into shape that it meets the bare-minimum for the England and Scotland games, but real work starts on it after that (the fact that the LFF are saying on their own site that they want the game there is encouraging.... if it was some blazer just speaking his mind in a paper, probably nothing in it.... yet fact they put it up on the official site seems to indicate that they want the game here and are working on it).

16 minutes ago, YORKIE PAM said:

I enjoyed Kaunas in 2010, the ground was a dump though.

Agreed. I'd still put it down as one of the best trips I've ever been on.

And I've seen Scotland play in both Liechtenstein AND Lixembourg.