O' Halloran For Scotland - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

O' Halloran For Scotland

Ormond

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugely improved this season and one of the quickest players in Scotland. End product can be a bit hit or miss.If he can keep progressing can get near the squad in March.

there's about 10 players ahead of him and even if he did somehow get a call up i wouldnt expect any game time for him anyway

Surley not, he's a striker that's barley scored a goal in his career

He's a wide attacking midfielder who is very occasionally played up front when the manager feels it would benefit the team tactically. Pretty sure the Rangers game is the only time this season he's played up front.

He's improved massively this season and seems to have a far greater belief in his ability. He looks faster, stronger and now has far more end product in terms of goals and assists.

Rhoads, McCormack, Griffith and Martin are all miles ahead of him up front, Phillips, Russel, GMS, Armstrong, Bannan, Murphy, Arfield, the list goes on, they are all way ahead of him in the running for call ups.

Rhoads, McCormack, Griffith and Martin are all miles ahead of him up front, Phillips, Russel, GMS, Armstrong, Bannan, Murphy, Arfield, the list goes on, they are all way ahead of him in the running for call ups.

I'm fairly sure this is a joke thread.

Take it with a jar of salt as per when Aberdeen fans shout their players for call ups....

He has scored 2 league cup goals this season, 1 against a Championship club. No SPL goals at all and its almost November.

Yes lets call this Striker up.....

Wrong. Both goals were against Championship teams ;)

I wouldn't have him as a striker, rather an alternative to Forrest or Ritchie. Like I said worth a run out in a friendly...

He's been moved from left midfield to right midfield this season. The only time he's played up front has been against Rangers, due to Tommy Wright noticing how suspect against pace the centre of their defence was (and he scored in that game).

He was a danger last year with his pace, but this season he's gone up another couple of levels - he seems faster, stronger and far more confident in his ability. The amount of assists and chances he's created for the team has been unreal. His pace is frightening - he seems to go past players at will, even when most teams have been targeting him and put 2 or 3 players on him. His decision making does still need improvement, but he's been a joy to watch this season, you can feel the excitement in the crowd every time he gets the ball.

Sadly he'll probably have to leave Saints, and move to sit on Celtic's bench or go to a mid-table Championship team, before having a chance of a call up. We'll just continue to enjoy him ripping left backs to shreds while we still can!

O'Halloran is a wide player whose competition for a place in the Scotland set up at present would be Forrest or Anya. His pace is his main asset but his all round game has improved enormously this season, in my opinion he offers more than Forrest.

I would expect him to move on from Saints at the end of this season and two months after his move gain his first cap v Malta in Sept! <_<

He is a winger, not a striker. Our strikers are hardly prolific anyway.

He absolutely ripped Dundee to shreds, granted not exactly hard. As a right winger he would face Forrest as competition, and O'Halloran is better than him.