Pupil Killed In Aberdeen - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pupil Killed In Aberdeen

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was horrific. Mind reading it on the bus home from uni at the time and being genuinely sickened.if I remember correctly 2 of the guys who were murdered were pensioners and had tried to lock themselves in their rooms. Doesn't bear thinking how terrified those old boys must have been.

Rip to the young lad in Aberdeen. So many lives ruined in one moment of madness

Aye the mum had stabber her boyfriend then called the son and the boy i went to school with and they turned up and finished the first guy off. The other two had locked themselves in a room and i think they took the door off with the drill then torchered and beat them, pouring boiling water over them etc. Horrible

Has to be. It appears he took the knife to school which means it's premeditated.

Whether the killer was bullied or not there's no excuse for stabbing someone.

I'd retain the right in self-defense (as i'm sure most would) but yeah beyond that you struggle to make a case for any other reason.

I'd retain the right in self-defense (as i'm sure most would) but yeah beyond that you struggle to make a case for any other reason.

How can it be self defence? That would only work if it was on the spur of the moment not if he was already carrying, IMO.

Not sure how the courts will view it mind you.

How can it be self defence? That would only work if it was on the spur of the moment not if he was already carrying, IMO.

depends - sure they could come up with some story about using it for some carpentry hobby, and he carried it every day

Complicated situation and terribly sad that this happened at all never mind school, and don't won't to lob in the hand grenade, but doubt a peep would be made of it though if the bullied victim committed suicide rather than lashed out. Bullying can put people in a dark place and act irrationally.

You wonder what goes through the minds of these kids when they do stuff like this. Imagine waking up one morning and going to school and then later by the time it is time to go to bed you are resting your head on a jail mattress and you know in your heart it will be 10-15 years before you get out. I can't imagine what that must be like. Even if you took the knife in with a view to 'revenge' a 16 year old will never have thought any of this through... probably thought he would only injure him, teach him a lesson. Yeah well cut the wrong vein and you are a murderer.

We don't know why it happened yet. I've read comments from a number of people on social media and news websites saying the boy who died was a lovely lad and very popular so on the face of it the attacker wasn't reacting to being bullied.

The story Id heard was the boy that died was trying to stop whatever was happening and was stabbed.

But also heard an alternate one that he had had a go at the killer for being fat (I think).

So seems it's all a load of nonsense and we'll only find out when it gets to court.

You wonder what goes through the minds of these kids when they do stuff like this. Imagine waking up one morning and going to school and then later by the time it is time to go to bed you are resting your head on a jail mattress and you know in your heart it will be 10-15 years before you get out. I can't imagine what that must be like. Even if you took the knife in with a view to 'revenge' a 16 year old will never have thought any of this through... probably thought he would only injure him, teach him a lesson. Yeah well cut the wrong vein and you are a murderer.

Negligence is no defence. At 16 you know the difference between right and wrong.

I'm talking in general for stabbing someone, not meaning specific to this account.

We don't know why it happened yet. I've read comments from a number of people on social media and news websites saying the boy who died was a lovely lad and very popular so on the face of it the attacker wasn't reacting to being bullied.

When is anything different said about anyone who has died? Read reports he as popular , others that he was really shy.

The story Id heard was the boy that died was trying to stop whatever was happening and was stabbed.

But also heard an alternate one that he had had a go at the killer for being fat (I think).

So seems it's all a load of nonsense and we'll only find out when it gets to court.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

• 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Been found guilty of culpable homicide. 

Based on the evidence that was always going to be the case.  Didn't the PF refuse to accept a plea of guilty to Culpable Homicide before the trial though?