Lack Of Songs - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lack Of Songs

Doric

Can we use the friendlys to rebuild the reputation of the TA to invent new songs for the next campaign. Never known the TA to be so void of songs. Singing section maybe ? I remember England fans in the 70's with their 1 song England England to the Amazing Grace theme. We are just about at that level.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the "songs" are 50%+ noise!

:sing:

Trololololo we are scot e land....

:sing: since I was young, I followed on, with the Tartan Armee, the place for me....

(I quite liked " off james McCarthy" but in reality, folk moan about the same old songs, but would cringe at any new attempt.)

Thought our support was really noisy in Dortmund and Warsaw.. where as I thought it was a lot quieter in Georgia. The result probably didn't help that though.. Hampden has been poor for atmosphere since the Italy game in 2007! We miss Saturday games big time!

Like that bonnie mary song even though I'm an Aiberdeen loon ?

Strongly agree re Bonnie Mary. Great song for us. Also like the rude version of I know a lassie as stated in previous post. Legs like a spider, etc. New life definitely required, especially at home. It is pulling everyone together and getting it going that will be hard. Let's dae it. Try it at least.

don't get that whits your thinking?

It is a song favoured by British army scots regiments and there is reference to kilted warriors marching before the queen in the song. He makes a fair point but I still like the tune.

I really like the tune to "Bonnie Mary" but most of the lyrics just seem out of place at a football match to me.

Someone should have a go at re-writing the lyrics so that it reflects the experience of supporting the Scotland national team. Come on all you budding song writers out there on the TAMB - who wants to have a go at that ?

As for the "I know a lassie .... legs like a spider" suggestion. That's a big no from me. It's horrible, sexist rubbish best left back in the 1970s.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

I really like the tune to "Bonnie Mary" but most of the lyrics just seem out of place at a football match to me.

Someone should have a go at re-writing the lyrics so that it reflects the experience of supporting the Scotland national team. Come on all you budding song writers out there on the TAMB - who wants to have a go at that ?

As for the "I know a lassie .... legs like a spider" suggestion. That's a big no from me. It's horrible, sexist rubbish best left back in the 1970s.

Another fair point re Iknow a lassie so, if you agree with a need for new songs, any suggestions other than a revamp of Bonny Mary?