Tea - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy's spot on, like a tea myself!

Like a sugar in mine, just one, even a half will do, my mother in law must have massive tea spoons, hers taste like builders tea!

Wife and mum like redbush, but just tastes funky to me. I like normal tea, don't mind the caffeine free, and not a tea bag snob, just none of the fancy shite!

Boy's spot on, like a tea myself!

Like a sugar in mine, just one, even a half will do, my mother in law must have massive tea spoons, hers taste like builders tea!

Wife and mum like redbush, but just tastes funky to me. I like normal tea, don't mind the caffeine free, and not a tea bag snob, just none of the fancy shite!

Had a couple of redbush encounters in the past. Don't remember them tasting funky. Mad bitches as per the stereotype.

I make my tea like the guy in the video as well. So glad to see he's spot on. Although maybe a wee bit too much milk i'd say.

I have Scottish blend atm i think. Any tea i can handle, stronger the better. Tried green tea and it was alright (no milk)

Also when i'm cosying up to read stuff i'll enjoy i always get a big cup of tea ready first then start.

I'm a complete tea snob :-))

Love the stuff, but don't drink more than a couple of cups a day - I'm getting old and too much caffeine gives me jumpy legs. :shocked:

Bloke has some things wrong, or at least fails to mention them:

• Don't put it in a black cup - not sure why but I don't like it. Cup should be white, or at the least light coloured.
  • Don't buy any old p!sh tea bags. Get mine delivered by Ringtons. Open out a Rington teabag and common garden teabag and you'll see the difference. Everyone I give a cup to can taste the difference. And they're not that much more expensive.
  • If you need your cuppa quickly pour the water from a height, it cools significantly from spout to cup

I'm sure I once had a life.

I love tea. I cannae drink enough o' the stuff. Just straight black tea though. Nane o' thon fruity pish and coffee is pish. Anyhoo, whit varieties do others like and any weird anes I've no' heard of.

This guy has it spot on!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1877027805653603&id=146505212039213

feck that

never make tea in the cup - needs to be tea pot

I have started using tea leaves again rather than tea bags - lot more flavour

my preference is Ceylon Tea (Dilmah) - Kenyan has a good rep but not keen on it (was in Nairobi 6 times last year, so stocked up )

Even if its just me drinking, always use a t pot

Always needs fresh water - each time you boil water it looses 40% of the oxygen - so never use reboiled water, and always use water immediately to infuse the tea

think i used to piss off folk at work by throwing out hot water in kettle, cos i didnt know when was boiled, and i wanted fresh boiled water

Love tea and my dad has taught me well, my mum is hopeless at making good tea.

Scottish Blend is the favourite, when i was in Canada I got a couple of boxes worth sent over.

Used to take 2 or 3 sugars which i know is awful, use sweeteners now and just 1 or 2 depending on the brand.

The video is nae bad and hes right about folk who put the milk in first, just wrong. He has too much milk in his though.

Love the stuff, but don't drink more than a couple of cups a day - I'm getting old and too much caffeine gives me jumpy legs. :shocked:

• Don't put it in a black cup - not sure why but I don't like it. Cup should be white, or at the least light coloured.
  • Don't buy any old p!sh tea bags. Get mine delivered by Ringtons. Open out a Rington teabag and common garden teabag and you'll see the difference. Everyone I give a cup to can taste the difference. And they're not that much more expensive.
  • If you need your cuppa quickly pour the water from a height, it cools significantly from spout to cup

White tea cup for me.

You sure they aren't just saying that as you've foisted a cup on them and dared them to tell you its not the best cup they've had ;)

I use white cups and going to order some of that tea!

Tescos own in the tartan box or asdas chosen by you range are the best of the cheap ones. Twinnings Ceylon or English breakfast are particular favourites of mine. Black tea in a China cup ??

Coffee is the devils sperm !!!

Nothing beats a good cup of tea*. For everyday teabags I tend to just get some African fair trade stuff, but also got some decent loose leaf tea for a pot on a weekend morning.

* - OK, apart from a good blowie

Edited by biffer

Nothing beats a good cup of tea*. For everyday teabags I tend to just get some African fair trade stuff, but also got some decent loose leaf tea for a pot on a weekend morning.

* - OK, apart from a good blowie

what about both at the same time?

If you put sugar in tea or coffee then you don't actually like tea or coffee, you just like sugar. Go and have a juice and sit at the children's table :ok:

I think if you take more than 2 sugars that's true, I've a friend that takes 6+ sugars, I don't see the point, as you say above, just have a can of coke or a kids milkshake!

I think one is ok, basically because I have one.

:lol:

If I'm making it myself, I'll not even have a full one.

Strong, black tea during the day with a dash of milk and usually a cup of green tea at night. Always a white cup/mug.

Occasionally have sugary tea after a training ride, but once a month, over the winter at most.