Stone Roses - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Went to see them three times for the last 're-union'. A mixed bag to be honest. Manchester was a brilliant weekend even if the sound was a bit iffy, TITP a brilliant performance, Glasgow Green wasn't great at all.

I'll probably only go if it's Arena gigs this time.

And can now see it isn't so it's a no from me.

Agree, Manchester was great, Glasgow was rubbish.

If the news included a new album I was all for it, but to see effectively the same set I saw twice on the last tour, not got the same enthusiasm.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen them at titp but it was spoiled by the weather and the fact wee neds. They performed well though and the crowd were well up for it.

Caught the Glasgow green gig as well. Agree with the comments about it. Thought bobby was ment to be clean? He didn't look that way and wtf was he on about with the whole obelisk occult later he came away with. Good fun on the way home though with the whole train carriage singing roses songs lol

Worst weather I've experienced there but also one of my favourite. Spent most of the day in the Sunshine arena where all the Slam tent acts were and then into the Main stage for Noel Gallagher followed by the Roses.

Some performance from Squire that day. Was seriously underwhelmed after GG though. Jake Bugg was about the only thing passable.

Worst weather I've experienced there but also one of my favourite. Spent most of the day in the Sunshine arena where all the Slam tent acts were and then into the Main stage for Noel Gallagher followed by the Roses.

Some performance from Squire that day. Was seriously underwhelmed after GG though. Jake Bugg was about the only thing passable.

Ye we only came out our tent in time to grab a bite and catch Noel and the roses. Ye think I was hyped about seeing primal at the green only seen them before at the first titp. They were great then but that was possibly when they were at there hight. That probably didn't help my enjoyment of the gig

Talentless and Tuneless?

You obviously know all about music full stop. I'd pay the ticket money alone to watch Reni and Squire. Both of whom would walk into most bands on the planet right now.

The pair of them Absolutely blew me away at titp. I don't think you really appreciate how good Reni is until you see him live.

Announcement today seemingly.

Got a heads up last week about gigs at the ethiad so booked hotels before prices rocketed. Can cancel if it's a hoax.

I did this after reading this post.

Booked 2 x rooms for 4 at Manchester Picadilly,2 nights £400 all in.

Hopefully now my mates fat fingers are quick in Friday now.

If not,fall back in a day ticket to titp,which may stretch to a weekend,it will be my last one before marriage :lol:

I've held a hotel for the Saturday in Manchester and will make my mind up over the next couple of days whether I want to go down. Every time I go to a stadium gig I come away disappointed* so not sure if I can be arsed with the expense.

*With the exception of Springsteen at Hampden who was fecking immense!!

Talentless and Tuneless?

You obviously know all about music full stop. I'd pay the ticket money alone to watch Reni and Squire. Both of whom would walk into most bands on the planet right now.

I'll second that