Stone Roses - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really ####in awful.Total ####in garbage.Sounds like four 14yld lads trying to be like the Stone Roses and having a go at writing their first tune. Hopefully it doesn't take them another 21 years to come up with a verse to go with the chorus.

Anyone who likes this should go and burn their record collection right now. It won't matter because it will probably be full of all the generic bed wetting so called indie shite anyway you Courteeners buying Catfish and the Bottlemen loving ears painted on soapy tit .I bet you have the Ting Tings album.

2 hours ago, TartanJon said:

It is really ####in awful.Total ####in garbage.Sounds like four 14yld lads trying to be like the Stone Roses and having a go at writing their first tune. Hopefully it doesn't take them another 21 years to come up with a verse to go with the chorus.

Anyone who likes this should go and burn their record collection right now. It won't matter because it will probably be full of all the generic bed wetting so called indie shite anyway you Courteeners buying Catfish and the Bottlemen loving ears painted on soapy tit .I bet you have the Ting Tings album.

hahaha, superb. Post of the year.

It's not a classic but it's not totally shit.  More in the style of first album than Second Coming, a good thing in my opinion. 

All the skinny jean, pointy boot wearing plastic scene queens can't wait to have a dig at it  

jump on another band wagon you khunts .  

2 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

It's not a classic but it's not totally shit.  More in the style of first album than Second Coming, a good thing in my opinion. 

All the skinny jean, pointy boot wearing plastic scene queens can't wait to have a dig at it  

jump on another band wagon you khunts .  

Have you even heard their first album? :)

If anything it sounds closer to the Seahorses, although that's doing them a bit of a dis-service. 

5 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Have you even heard their first album? :)

If anything it sounds closer to the Seahorses, although that's doing them a bit of a dis-service. 

First album bought when it came out and at Spike Island and Glagow Green first time round as it happens. 

It sounds like the Seahorses, in what way? The guitars? Well yeah it might seeing as it the same bloody guitarist. 

very similar riff to Squid Lord by The Fall, but Made of Stone was very similar to Velocity Girl by Primal Scream. 

2 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

First album bought when it came out and at Spike Island and Glagow Green first time round as it happens. 

It sounds like the Seahorses, in what way? The guitars? Well yeah it might seeing as it the same bloody guitarist. 

very similar riff to Squid Lord by The Fall, but Made of Stone was very similar to Velocity Girl by Primal Scream. 

:lol:

I like it,can't wait to hear it in Manchester. 

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Tunes good, lyrics are dire.

Reminds me of the time Liam decided to write an Oasis song and came up with Little James.

If my youngest came up with those lyrics as a homework assignment on poetry I would clip his lug and tell him he should be doing better. And he's 10.

Little James is a cracking track. 

On 13/05/2016 at 10:22 PM, Only One Stop said:

Really??? It's the same guitarist?? Well I never......

As big a Roses fan, as you clearly are, comparing that, to their work on the first album is just daft imo. The swagger of that first album is exactly what the track lacks if you ask me. As I said, guitar work and drumming are technically good, but its just a bit boring and really is a disappointment when you know what they are capable of. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Really??? It's the same guitarist?? Well I never......

As big a Roses fan, as you clearly are, comparing that, to their work on the first album is just daft imo. The swagger of that first album is exactly what the track lacks if you ask me. As I said, guitar work and drumming are technically good, but its just a bit boring and really is a disappointment when you know what they are capable of. 

I should have been clearer in that it's not in the same Led Zep overly produced style as Second Coming. 

Agree that it doesn't have the subtlety of the first album, but those songs where worked on for years and John Leckie did a great job of producing. 

This time round they not the young, hungry full of self belief band they were in late 80's. This track sounds like it was rushed to get something out before the June gigs. I'm not saying it's great but they were in a hiding to nothing given the near perfection of the debut album, personally I'm not really that taken with Second Coming apart from a few tracks.