Spectre - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Went to see it on Saturday and was seriously dissapointed. I like Daniel Craig as Bond and think he's well on the way to being the best 007 yet, but Spectre was pish. The baddie was nowhere near sinister enough (did the original Blofeld a disservice I think) and Lea Seydoux's one of the most anodyne Bond girls I can remember. The opening scene in Mexico City was great but the rest of the film didn't live up to it.

Was Bond saved by a woman in the plot?

He made her think she did so he could pump her

FFS Troops he banged a couple of broads.flirted with Moneypenny.kicked feck out of baddies,threw three kents out a helicopter and then landed it himself...

Yer hard to please

Back when Craig was announced as the next Bond after Pierce my initial thoughts were that he was going to be an awful Bond. I always liked him as an actor but just thought he was too chunky and full of muscle to be a Bond. I eventually gave in, watched the first one then became hooked on him. I think he really is braw as him and I'm glad I signed myself up. So much so that I am going to see Spectre tonight in a couple of hours time. I'm a fair excited wee soul.

I'm a bit of a Bond nut.

Seen all the films multiple times. Went to see Spectre on Saturday but will need to see it another couple of times to see where it ranks.

First impressions were that it wasn't as good as Skyfall which I thought was Daniel Craig's best.

Good opening sequence and an interesting end which opened up a few possibilities for the next one.

Found out more about Bond's past and there were more than a few nods to previous Bond films.

Thought it maybe missed a big action section in the middle.

Am I missing something here because I don't think I've ever seen a James Bond film where there has been a strong story,They are all pretty much bollocks in the grand scheme of things,but entertaining bollocks nonetheless.

If you're expecting The Godfather Part 2 or Citizen Kane then this probably isn't the film for you.

Spectre hasn't been released here yet but I plan on going to see it on arrival.

I'm hoping it's much better than Skyfall which wouldn't be hard! I still can't get my head round the - leaving London, going to Scotland, in a vintage Aston Martin to hide / for safety part of the plot!

Spectre hasn't been released here yet but I plan on going to see it on arrival.

I'm hoping it's much better than Skyfall which wouldn't be hard! I still can't get my head round the - leaving London, going to Scotland, in a vintage Aston Martin to hide / for safety part of the plot!

Without getting into the ins and outs of whether it was a good film or not, they didn't go to Scotland to hide or for safety.

They went there to try and do something that wouldn't be expected and try and gain the upper hand, he would have picked there as it was somewhere well known to him.

It was certainly not somewhere that they were going to hide as they wanted to be found, considering that they left a trail for Silva to follow.