Coffee - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I love the idea of coffee. I love the smell of coffee. I've tried to drink it in various different formats over the years and can't get past the fact that it tastes rank rotten!

Pretty much agree there, I can drink some if I really try but i dont really enjoy it. Personally i dont feel it gives me a magical boost either.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate s who mock my addiction. I am the victim here. We are all Gareth Hunts.

On an almost related note, generic morning radio host was saying today that there's more than double the caffeine in a Costa Coffee than in a Starbucks.

I used to always feel ripped off by the taste at Starbucks, but to find out I'm also getting done in for my daily fix?

Disgusting stuff.

On an almost related note, generic morning radio host was saying today that there's more than double the caffeine in a Costa Coffee than in a Starbucks.

I used to always feel ripped off by the taste at Starbucks, but to find out I'm also getting done in for my daily fix?

Disgusting stuff.

Starbucks filter, a wee dash of hazelnut and drop of semi skimmed milk. The only downside is the little pretentious behind the counter clarifying my request for a medium as "tall" or whatever Starbucks call their medium. All the coffee shops have their own size system - do you expect me to memorise every grading structure??

I also like the coffee from McDonalds, Greggs and Dunkin Donuts. Despise the coffee from COSTA. Despise it.

If I were to compare my coffee palette to a wine palette, I imagine I would be drinking Buckfast and El Dorado.

Loads of interesting stuff about coffee on this website here.

http://www.coffeechemistry.com/news/health/cup-of-joe-found-to-have-more-health-benefits

It's very complicated stuff. Coffee contains almost 1000 different chemicals, many of which are biologically active. Caffeine is obviously the best known chemical but loads of other stuff as well.

Somebody invented a cup of coffee called Flat White and I order that when I see it in coffee shops.

At home I used to grind beans and use a wee Gaggia then I was at a pals house and had a great cup of coffee and was amazed when he showed me it came from a Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine, so I got one for myself.

Works out more expensive than beans but less hassle and much easier if you`ve pals in and you`re making a few cups and the pods are easy to buy.

I've also learnt that you don't need to buy the full range of pods for example you can make an espresso from the americano pod by setting it to level 1 or 2

Since changing jobs in February my coffee intake has risen massively.

I tend to use McDonalds rather than any of the coffee houses as its a decent cup for 1.29 plus every 6th one is free. Decent wifi too so I can pretend I'm working.

Costa is ok but I think Starbucks is pish.

Somebody invented a cup of coffee called Flat White and I order that when I see it in coffee shops.

At home I used to grind beans and use a wee Gaggia then I was at a pals house and had a great cup of coffee and was amazed when he showed me it came from a Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine, so I got one for myself.

Works out more expensive than beans but less hassle and much easier if you`ve pals in and you`re making a few cups and the pods are easy to buy.

I've also learnt that you don't need to buy the full range of pods for example you can make an espresso from the americano pod by setting it to level 1 or 2

Do you want some chocochine pods for free, bought them by mistake when shopping instead of picking up some for the Delonghi machine my parents have. Opened one to see if it was useable without a Dolce machine, answer is no haha. Anyway i'd send them if you want them.

Takeaway coffee. One of the biggest rip-offs of modern times. A couple of pounds a pop for a paper cup with hot water and caffeine. Suckers.

i'd agree with that but i don't drink a lot of coffee anyway

Edited by Kirk

Do you want some chocochine pods for free, bought them by mistake when shopping instead of picking up some for the Delonghi machine my parents have. Opened one to see if it was useable without a Dolce machine, answer is no haha. Anyway i'd send them if you want them.

Yes please, I'll re-imburse your stamp

Starbucks filter, a wee dash of hazelnut and drop of semi skimmed milk. The only downside is the little pretentious behind the counter clarifying my request for a medium as "tall" or whatever Starbucks call their medium. All the coffee shops have their own size system - do you expect me to memorise every grading structure??

I also like the coffee from McDonalds, Greggs and Dunkin Donuts. Despise the coffee from COSTA. Despise it.

If I were to compare my coffee palette to a wine palette, I imagine I would be drinking Buckfast and El Dorado.

That's funny, Costa is my shop of choice. Followed by Neros.

Horses for courses I guess.

J