Coffee - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Steampunk Coffee Co - mobile VW van at Stockbridge market on a Sunday is the best coffee I have ever tasted but to buy their coffee (roasted in North Berwick) is a bit expensive at 6.50 to 7.00 a bag and it never tastes the same as when they make it in the van .It is better than Artisan Roast which won best coffee in the UK .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steampunk Coffee Co - mobile VW van at Stockbridge market on a Sunday is the best coffee I have ever tasted but to buy their coffee (roasted in North Berwick) is a bit expensive at 6.50 to 7.00 a bag and it never tastes the same as when they make it in the van .It is better than Artisan Roast which won best coffee in the UK .

Mate ditched Artisans stuff as punters didn't care for it. Me neither, I found it run of the mill and cannot understand their awards.

New company he uses called Northern Edge is getting rave reviews in his cafe.

Takeaway coffee. One of the biggest rip-offs of modern times. A couple of pounds a pop for a paper cup with hot water and caffeine. Suckers.

Why just takeaway if you have sit-in coffee you don't even get to keep the cup (legally).

Them wee nescafe pod things are not even real coffee, hate them.

This is my weapon of choice if brewing at home... anyone have a better method?

194-moka-konvice-bialetti-venus-indukce_

Why just takeaway if you have sit-in coffee you don't even get to keep the cup (legally).

Them wee nescafe pod things are not even real coffee, hate them.

This is my weapon of choice if brewing at home... anyone have a better method?

194-moka-konvice-bialetti-venus-indukce_

I use an unbranded version of this

k2-_250f46f1-46b3-4476-8bb6-36606c6f1022

I use an unbranded version of this

k2-_250f46f1-46b3-4476-8bb6-36606c6f1022

Aye that is the exact same gizmo. It was the only useful thing to have come out of watching the movie 'green card'. Been using one ever since. Grind the beans just before, use a 6 cup job to make one decent mug. Only a couple of scoops of beans mind (not six full on espresso measures).

Are there some do's and don't when using one these hourglass jobs. How do you get the perfect brew.

Is anyone else still holding out by refusing to call a black coffee an 'americano'? And if you have, how many times does it take before you stop sounding like a dick to yourself?

I didn't know that is what an americano is. Every day is a school day. :ok:

Might have been better if they'd called it an African americano?

Is anyone else still holding out by refusing to call a black coffee an 'americano'? And if you have, how many times does it take before you stop sounding like a dick to yourself?

Yes...i don't think I have ever ordered an "americano"...I just ask for say a medium coffee (refuse to use their stupid made up sizes too)...often get asked what type and just say a normal coffee

I didn't know that. That measns mnay times i've made a complete khunt of myself by asking for a "white Americano" :lol:

I just want a normal coffee with a little milk, what the feck is that called? :lol:

Edited by Parklife

Aye that is the exact same gizmo. It was the only useful thing to have come out of watching the movie 'green card'. Been using one ever since. Grind the beans just before, use a 6 cup job to make one decent mug. Only a couple of scoops of beans mind (not six full on espresso measures).

Are there some do's and don't when using one these hourglass jobs. How do you get the perfect brew.

I just put the coffee in fill the thing with water and then put it on a medium heat.

A black coffee is not an Americano. An Americano is espresso and hot water. A black coffee covers a multitude of sins and could easily be a black filter which is markedly different from an Americano.

Are you suggesting execution is wrong?

A wee bit estreme maybe?

We should be showing solidarity with the French at this sad time. If they want to call it expresso, that's fine by me. Maybe we have stumbled across the real cause behind the attacks? Maybe ISIS like to have their coffee spelt wright?

Lots of coffee shops offer filter coffee. If you wanted a black coffee they would invariably give you their filter coffee. If however you said you wanted a black coffee but in fact wanted an Americano, which is made differently from filter coffee, then I suggest it would probably be simpler for you, the staff, and those in the queue behind you just to ask for an americano. And on the next few occasions when you go back in, and are invariably more used to being around people, you will feel less of a dick in simply asking for the type of coffee you actually want. Sorted.