Tamb Cycling Thread - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My totals this year is 2205 miles and is unlikely to go up much. I have a short eight mile return commute and do some longer tours usually for the football (Gla-Dub return and Faro to Lisbon last year). Next year I'm looking forward to Krakow-Zilina return (around 400 miles over the Tatras) or the easier Vienna-Trnava return (around 200 flat miles). I'm looking forward to finding out the venue for the Slovakia game.

My totals this year is 2205 miles and is unlikely to go up much. I have a short eight mile return commute and do some longer tours usually for the football (Gla-Dub return and Faro to Lisbon last year). Next year I'm looking forward to Krakow-Zilina return (around 400 miles over the Tatras) or the easier Vienna-Trnava return (around 200 flat miles). I'm looking forward to finding out the venue for the Slovakia game.

Sounds brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone done the "three ferries" http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Three_Ferries-Cycle-Route-143.html

I'm currently trying to plan a wee day oot with some boys I work with who all cycle decent distances so it'll be nae bother for them but some others who don't cycle much have shown interest. Achievable for the 1/2 times a year cyclist? And more importantly is there any decent boozers along the route to neck a pint and a bit of scran, purely for replenishing energy!!

Edited by flynnyboy

• 4 weeks later...

Managed my first 26k of the year on Friday. Winter still hasn't fully arrived, unfortunately, so I'm still "looking forward" to the days and nights spent in the garage on the trainer.

No targets for the year, yet, either. Definitely want to get that sorted soon, any suggestions more than welcome.

Anyone done the "three ferries" http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Three_Ferries-Cycle-Route-143.html

I'm currently trying to plan a wee day oot with some boys I work with who all cycle decent distances so it'll be nae bother for them but some others who don't cycle much have shown interest. Achievable for the 1/2 times a year cyclist? And more importantly is there any decent boozers along the route to neck a pint and a bit of scran, purely for replenishing energy!!

I'll ask on the other forum I go on, as it's a popular ride. There's a 20% section that is tough.

Derek done a 106 mile yesterday in sunny japan, git!

Chico where are you based? Will help with targets

Did my longest ride ever on Sunday (171.7km/106.7mi)...Weather was sunny and 15c so took advantage of that.

Target for the year is 4345km/2700mi - Strava showing that I'm 315km ahead of pace.

I'd be more than happy daen 106 miles per week.how long were you in the saddle for? Edited by bonzo